Sunday, April 13, 2008

Horsin' Around


Hi again stampers! Hope your weekend has been fab. Sunday is always kinda sad for me, because I know Monday will be here (& I hate Mondays). My hubby comes home tonight so I'm thankful for that & back to work for him (no more golf--awwww)! The kids and I went to dinner last night and decided to have Movie Nite at home. We watched "Nancy Drew" & it was pretty good--I read all those books when I was young & loved them. Our spring weather has disappeared and been replaced with dreariness and cold--yuck--just in time for Monday, what a treat :(

I had mentioned before that I had ordered a bunch of Magnolia stamps and just love them. When I got the 3 stamps I used in the card above, I knew I had to make a barn card for Tilda & her horse. The idea came quick, however the execution of my idea took much longer, but I'm happy with the results. I stamped out Tilda, her horse and the hay bale on PTI white cardstock (the best for stamping in my lowly opinion) & then colored them with my Copics;then they were cut out. I made a barn template and transferred the design to barn red cardstock by Bazzill & cut that out, pop-dotted the roof & cut out the window. The background of the barn is a stamp by CC Designs (Big Ol' Backgrounds-stripes) & it's inked with Adirondack espresso (love those inks--great for non-bleeding with your Copics). The horse saying I had heard a long time ago, and thought it was fitting. I printed it out on my computer and then added a heart. Tilda, hay bale & horse are all pop dotted too. I'm quite pleased with it---hope you like it too. Alexa l(my dd) loves horses and has claimed this card as her own, so I might have to make another.

I hope everyone got some stampin' time this weekend. See you tomorrow!
Suzanne

Just a side note-I've had quite a few people ask where I get my stickles & liquid pearls. I used to get them at our Recollections until, sadly they closed. I now get them from All That Scraps - they have a great selection of both.

Bazzill solid papers, PTI white cardstock, Copics, dimensionals, Adirondack espresso ink, CC Designs stripe background, Magnolia Tilda stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover