Monday, April 28, 2008

Simplicity


Hello again! Today's word of the day is "simplicity". I am in need of some simplicity in my life--lol. It seems we're always rushing around, on-the-go, busy, busy....I'm sure you can relate. Our Disney trip is going to be a nice break from all of that, although we still have a "tiny" schedule. You can't go to Disney w/o preparation and planning, I think (my dear hubby thinks I'm insane)--I have all of our reservations done and everything mapped out on my Outlook calendar by time and events. Of which I have 2 copies of--1 laminated and cut out by day for our backpack so we always know where we need to be. I know, I know--I can't totally let go of my scheduling (that's just how I'm wired) and I like to have a plan--I feel lost when I don't have a plan. Or as my hubby says, I am totally not spontaneous--LOL!! But at least you're having lotsa fun in Disney and I'm not living by the time clock (as much). Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to the sun & fun in Florida for 10 days--then back to the real world, right?
I made these 2 cards with "simplicity" in mind--they are quick to pull together and fun to do. The first card I had seen on Oodabug Alley's blog and just loved the simplicity of the card--so fresh & springy, so I decided to CASE it in my own way. The stamp sets,paper & ink are from SU, the ribbon from PTI summer sunrise and the small pearls are from Hero Arts. Very quick to do and they make such nice gift sets (of which I'm making 3). The second card I actually made for my Pink Cat Studio group challenge. Just 3 strips of pattern paper, sentiment and stamp--easy as pie. This stamp is from the new "Billy" set from Pink Cat Studio--I just love it. I'm trying to increase my "boy" stamps & supplies since I have so much girly stuff. I made both of these cards in 30 mins--a record time for me! I have to make more cards like this!
Well, I hope you liked my versions of "simplicity" today, and I hope you find some in your day-to-day life too. See you tomorrow--
Suzanne
Thanks card--SU stamp sets (Live Your Dream, Garden Silhouettes), SU paper & inks, Hero Arts pearls, PTI ribbon
Billy Card--Pink Cat Studio "Billy" stamp set, Bazzill grey cs, Fiskars Mat Stack pp, Copics, SU craft paper

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Suzanne! That's a rootin' tootin' rockin' Billy card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover