Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Last Day of School--Yikes!!






Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry I was MIA yesterday, but the kids had their end of year picnics and my daughter had a poetry presentation to attend. They're done with school for the summer--as I've said before, its a mixed blessing. No more school stuff, but lots of "I'm bored", "he touched me", "can I..."'s in store for me (aka no quiet stamp time)-lol!! We're having a sleep in & stay in your jammies day tomorrow (a Dean tradition) and go nowhere!!! yippee!!! Thursday we'll head off to the pool with friends and hang out. We have nothing on our calendar, blissfully, this weekend--how exciting is that? Love it!!

Ok, this first gift card holder is one of 3 I made for my kid's teacher presents. They hold Starbucks gift cards inside (they also got a box of 6 notecards made by me). I just love these gift card holders, they're so quick & easy to make. If you read regularly, you'll remember the one I made previously w/ PTI stamps. The measurements for this are 4 1/4 by 11", scored at 3, 51/2, and 8". I'm not real good on instructions but the original tutorial is here. I used my teachabella from Stamping Bella and the dp is from Fancy Pants (celebrate/play). Accessories included Prima flowers, stickles (but of course), American crafts ribbon, Copics, & some diamond glaze on the apple. I colored the chalkboard black which colored over the ABC's originally on the stamp and wrote over it with my white Inkssentials pen to say "thanks". On the inside I used PTI's "polka dot basics" w/ SU ink to stamp a random pattern. Hope they liked them.


The second card I made for a bella sketch challenge over on SCS. I have had this "craftybella" for awhile & she's never seen ink, so I had to get her out (she was lonely). It took me a second to realize the thing on her right is supposed to be a jar (I made mine paint)--guess I had never examined it closely enough--lol! I just love this new line of dp from American Crafts called "spring & summer scones"--nice bright, summery colors. I used my cuttlebug a little, added some stickles and there is diamond glaze on all the jars. I added the matching sentiment and some buttons to tie in the "crafty" theme.


I'll have some new projects to post tomorrow. I got the rest of my stamps from Funky Kits in & I'm real excited to get them inked up (Sugar Nellie-Sweet Ebony). I wanted to see if anyone has any particular projects or stamps they wanted me to use in the next month or so--leave me an email or comment and I will try my best to try and do some (always looking for new ideas).
Until tomorrow...
Suzanne



7 comments:

  1. VERY VERY VERY CUTE!!!! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! Love the bright colors~~~ WOW! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. The teachers are going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovey them! The gift card holders are adorable! I am going to have to try to make one of those! The craftybella is super cute too!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love Teachabella! And I love the background paper. I'm having a stripe love fest right now!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover