Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Slammin' Kinda Day!




Good evening everyone! Sorry this is a late post today, but I have been crazy busy trying to finish up some projects and preparing to go away for 4 days. Lotsa laundry & whatnot to do, plus I've been taking care of my neighbor's pets while their away so I've just been slammed today. Alexa started her first babysitting job today also. Funny lil' story for ya'--while we were in Disney this past May we met another couple on our Disney bus who lived in our neighborhood here at home (we have a large 'hood here). They had 2 lil' girls and asked if Alexa would be interested in babysitting. So long story short she started today as kind of a "mother's helper" until she's more comfortable, plus she's taking a babysitting/cpr course next week too. She'll be helping out a few days a week for about 3 hrs each--she just loves lil' kids and is really great with them so this will be good for her (and keep her from telling me how "bored" she is--lol)!
My card today is one that I submitted to a sketch challenge blog that is looking for design team members (when they announce who won I'll tell ya what blog its for). We had 2 make 2 cards each with a separate sketch. The simplest one of the two took me the longest--go figure! It was a little out of my comfort zone for sure, but I do like how it turned out (I'll share it in the future).
This was the other card I made and it came together very quickly. Of course I used my Magnolia stamps again today. Diana Crick (who will be opening the Magnolia-licious store for the US/Canada sent me this swing--you can contact her at magnolia.us@shaw.ca for ordering info) and I just love it. I have a lot of sitting Magnolia girls & boys so I can mix and match with this swing. The dp is from K&Co. (Brenda Walton's small wonders girl) and all the cs is from PTI. I used SU's "Always" stamp set to do the heart, the background leaves on the swing circle and the dp strip going horizontally. I inked the heart up with my SU markers and lightly stamped it then cut it out and layered it onto the green cs and cut it out again. The strip of dp and the leaves behind the swing I made by "stamping off" the ink to make it really light. The sentiment is also SU (Lovely Labels). I then rubbed my Colorbox chalk ink (lt. cream) over all the white cs to soften it so it wasn't so bright. My little Tilda is colored with Copics and cut and popped up for dimension. I used my nestabilities to cut out all of the circles. Finally I added diamond glaze to her hair bow and around the edge of the heart for a nice shine--there's just a few cotton candy stickles in the flower centers. So there you have it--we'll see if its good enough to win!! (cross fingers & toes)
I will be finishing up some projects tomorrow so that I can type up a few posts and have them post while I'm gone (now that I know how to do it). Hope everyone has a nice evening!
Suzanne


6 comments:

  1. I love this! I love the colors you picked and I love Tilda on the swing! How cute! That heart is perfect addition to your card! Very very pretty!
    Good luck on your "other" adventure!! Can't wait to find who/what/where!
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The colors are fantastic and I love the heart! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a stunning card, the colours are absolutely fantastic, I love this! I have been browsing your website, you have such lovely cards on here, you are sooooo clever. Loving all the commentaries too, so good to hear what other people are up to. Enjoy your 4 days away, look forward to reading all about it when you get back. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouw Suzanne, I LOVE this card, I'm sure I'm gonna use it as an example sometime, it's really really gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover