Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Spookies!!

Hiya and Happy Monday! Here's to another week--can you believe this is the last week of October already? The kids are trick-or-treating Friday nite and then goin' to Grammy's house for 3 days while hubby & I go away to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary! I'm looking forward to some time away--we're going to Alexandria,VA which is our go-to place every year for our anniversary it seems. I love it cuz it's historic and by the Potomac River & we always have a relaxing, fun time together. The kids have off of school on Monday & Tuesday for elections but we have to be back Monday evening cuz' my daughter has district chorus tryouts on Tuesday morning.

This first picture is of my "lunch bunch" gal pals this past weekend at my friend's Alex & Dan's Halloween party. My lunch bunch gets together the last Wednesday of every month and yayyy its this Wednesday--I always look forward to it! I'm the second one from the left!

My first card today uses this week's Stamp of the Week from Spiral Whisper--this lil' guys name is "Percy" by Janet Roberts. If you're interested in buying him he is 10% off all this week. I decided to make this an anniversary card for my hubby cuz' he's such a cutie, lol! I used the yummy Basic Grey "Ambrosia" dp & paper pieced his lil' vest. I'm having a hard time finding "gray" accessories--I have paper and finally found some pretty ribbon, but it sure is hard to come by. I used my CB embossing folder on the background Coredinations cs and then sanded it a bit to make the core color come thru. I used my Copics to color and added a few stickles to the flowers and his bowtie. The sentiment is from CC Designs "sugarplum sentiments" set. Think he'll like it?

I have to warn you between sneak peeks this week, I will be blitzing on Halloween projects. I seem to have bought WAY TOO much Halloween stuff and I'm trying to use a bunch of it before Friday comes, lol! So hope you don't get too tired of seeing it, hee hee. This is another one of the new Halloween Magnolia stamps and isn't she just the sweetest? If you're interested in these Halloween or Fall Magnolias, Diana is having a 30% off sale on them at Magnolia-licious--Get 'em while you can!! This card started off as something entirely different, but I didn't like it so I started over & made it more simple. I paper pieced her lil dress using SU's new Halloweeen dp and colored with Copics. Her lil' pumpkin bag is stickled up for sparkle and the ribbon is from Offray. I like how she turned out--sweet & simple!

The second card uses another Halloween Magnolia--Tilda as a Witch (I personally call her Witchie-Poo, lol)! I paper pieced part of her dress and I had to color her hair green ya know, lol! I used another bg stamp from The Stampin' Place, this one is called "Tree/Road Scene"--I love this bg becuz' I'm imagining it for all different seasons. Color the trees differently for each season & you've got a very versatile background. I wanted this to look like a spooky hollow so I embossed the whole image w/ black embossing pwdr and then shaded with gray Copics. The sentiment is from a retired SU Halloween set and then I attached a few MS punched bats to finish it off. Witch-a-licious enough?
Ok, I'm sure that's enough eye candy for ya today! I'll be back tomorrow with some more spooky treats for ya! I'm edgin' super close to 50,000 hits and you won't wanna miss the super "sweet" blog candy I have comin' up!

And a shout-out for the fabulous Elisabeth Bell (of Sugar Nellie & Whiff of Joy fame)--she's having a wonderful blog candy giveaway right now--so go check it out!

hugz,
Suzanne



10 comments:

  1. What a lovely happy photo :)

    Love the penguin and his little waistcoat - so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As well as keeping busy it looks like you've been having a good time too with more to come!! - Have a Fab and relaxing anniversary. I just don't know how you manage to fit in life with such fab creations!

    lol Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, you've been tagged! Please check out my blog for details:
    HERE

    lol Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your cards! The penguin is so cute! And the halloween cards are adorable! Looks like you had a great lunch time with your friends!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creations Suzanne! Your group looks like they are a lot of fun too! Lucky you to have such a crowd to hang with LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne, these are all fabulous! I love that little penguin, so cute! :) TFS!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable and I love the pic with all your lunch friends!! Have a wonderful vacation...sounds like a wonderful place to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo of you and your girlfriends! Sounds like you all have a great time together! I love each one of your cards.. the penquin is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. more fabulous projects - I especially love how you paper pieced Witch Tilda's dress and the background woodland. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover