Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas Ornaments Blitzer-Rama!!

Happy Tuesday everyone! Do you feel that....the pressure of the holidays to get everything done, lol! I sure do--I think I'm going to start putting up my 8 trees the week of Thanksgiving so I can relax a little in December(ha, ha)! I decided I'd help you out a little (or myself I guess too,lol) and give you some ideas for quick gifts for yourself or someone you know. BTW, I'm listing my top 10 Holiday songs for you--since everyone left me such wonderful answers for my blog candy, I thought I'd give you my answers too!

So here goes, my TOP 10 HOLIDAY SONGS ARE:

(1) Christmas Canon by Transiberian Orchestra (my absolute favorite)
(2) Christmas Day by Dido
(3) Baby It's Cold Outside
(4) Jingle Bell Rock
(5) O Holy Night
(6) any of the Nutcracker Ballet music
(7) Carol of the Bells
(8) Silver Bells
(9) Sleigh Ride/Winter Wonderland
(10) It's Christmas Time by The Carpenters

Of course there are many more that I love--I have over 1,000 Xmas songs on my Ipod that I put on rotation in my house starting the week of Thanksgiving! My most favorite of all music is Christmas Music & I cannot wait to start playing it! So with the holidays in mind, I'm sharing 3 Christmas ornaments that I made that are elegant, fun & quick to make for yourself, presents for those you know or even as present toppers!

My first two ornaments use coasters--if you are a regular reader of mine you know that I bought a box of 800 coasters back in the spring & am on a mission to use them all, lol! If you're interested in buying some too you can get them here (a box of 800 for $20)! I used 2 of my scalloped square Nestabilities to cut out & emboss this frame from my coaster. To make the gold outlines I used my Marvy Liquid Gold pen along the edges of the frame and inside on the embossed line. The star stamp is from PTI's "Silent Night" set which has such beautiful images and sentiments in it. I stamped it in Palette Gold ink and then highlighted it w/ rhinestones & gold Glitz Stickles and then cut out (it's stamped, cut out & embellished twice). I sandwiched my embroidery thread between the two stamped & embellied images and attached to the top so it swings freely. The gold ribbon is also from PTI. These are quick to make and what a beautiful ornament (in my opinion) to give as a gift.

The second ornament is made the same way except with my scalloped circle Nestabilities to cut thru the coaster. I stamped and punched out the snowflake from PTI's "Snowfall Additions"--stamped with SU baja breeze ink. I coated the snowflake w/ diamond stickles and added rhinestones to the center and around the frame. I watercolored the outside of my ornament w/ my baja breeze reinker and the ribbon is from PTI.

My last ornament uses my new Whiff of Joy stamps--YIPPEE, they came today! I was only able to play with this one, but I'll have more for you tomorrow. This cute snowman is "Herb" and I think Elisabeth Bell has done a fabulous job illustrating these snowman to make them lifelike and whimsical. If you're looking to order some of these fabby stamps here in the US, my friend Summer of Roses on Paper has them in stock!! This wooden ornament came from Michaels for $1 (I got bunches of course) I'm making bunches more for gifts too. I stamped "Herb" with black Staz-On ink and then colored with my SU markers (becuz' this ornament has a shinier finish my Copics wouldn't work). I then covered him with stickles for lotsa shimmer & sparkle. The fun ribbon is from PTI again--can ya tell I lovee their ribbons, lol!!

So whatcha' think? If you're looking for more ornament ideas head over to SUINK's blog because it's Whatchadoin' Wednesday & the challenge was to make ornaments--so some of my DT sistahs are sure to have some super ideas for ya! See ya back here tomorrow with some more Whiff of Joy projects.

hugz,

Suzanne

17 comments:

  1. OMG, these Ornaments are wonderful, beautiful, adorable ... Great Job!!!

    TFS! Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what stunning creations. Love them all. Wonderful works!!
    Have a great day.
    Hugs
    Moni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute ornaments! I cant say wich one i like the most cuz they are all beautiful.

    Hugs, Daniela/Neliz (www.neliz.se)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love this ,such a pretty ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW gorgeous ornaments. Fantastic ideas. Love them all. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, lovin' the ornaments. I wish I had all the stamps and tools to make these, they're gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne these ornaments are OUTSTANDING!!!!! WOW!!!!! I would LOVE to have one of these in my house twirling around! I think I am going to have to give this a try! Those stamps are beyond words too! And the new Herb is adorable!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! these are STUNNING!
    truly gorgeous!

    There is an Oldies station here in Boston that stops the oldies and starts playing Christmas music 24/7. I think they start earlier and earlier every year. This year they started playing it LAST TUESDAY! I think this is a bit early...but I have to admit that I find myself listening to it in my car if I hear one of my faves playing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all!! I will have to look for those wood ornaments-gives your ornament a very ornate look. I too bought a box of coasters for squash books and am now using them for ornaments as well- I just posted a picture yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo what gorgeous ornaments! love the diamond coaster one and how you edged with the gold ink. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These ornaments are wonderful! :-)
    Love them!!

    hug
    Kicki from Sweden
    http://blogg.aftonbladet.se/8948/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These ornaments are STUNNING!!! I just ordered coasters for another project and I will definately try some ornaments too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous ornaments! FAbulous job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic ornaments..love them all! But the one with Herb has to be my favourite. I'm still waiting for him to land on my doorstep!
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Ornaments are FABULOUS!! Love all three!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are fabulous! I did not realize that the Nesties would cut through chipboard, beautiful! Gonna have to try this out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a question about the box of 800 coasters -- did they have the "we're glad you're here" printed on them? If so, did you paint over it, cover it with DP or .....? I'd like to know before I order some.
    Appreciate the info

    mtn.moven.faith@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover