Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May Flower Power!!

Hello & Happy Tuesday fellow stampers!! I have a funny story to tell ya' that I think you'll get a giggle out of!! On Sunday morning I was in the shower and I was washin' my back and felt something round & hard. Well here on the East Coast (especially here in VA & MD) we have a tick problem every year which is nothing new to me, because I grew up here & know they're a regular occurrence when the weather gets warm. But now with worries about Scarlet Fever & Lyme Disease I'm much more careful about watching out for them on the kids & myself (doggies get Lyme shots & flea/tick meds). So I thought, "oh no, I have a tick"--so I jumped outta the shower and looked in the mirror expecting to find a nasty ole tick in my back! Well, no not a tick(thank goodness) but an adhesive rhinestone stuck to my back, LMBO--musta been stuck on there since the night before when I was crafting, giggle!! You just nevah' know where your crafting goodies might end up, LOL!! So now that I got you to laugh, onto my projects for the day.....

**BTW--if you're interested in taking a Copic Techniques class with me, my next class is June 14th (1-4:30 pm)! We'll cover all Copic techniques & really focus on coloring & choosing colors. Also some fun products we'll use, like flower soft, Smooch & Shimmerz! So if you're near the Northern VA area & would like to come, just email me!! The cost is $60 ($20 deposit required)


Today is Try It Out Tuesday for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design--and I challenged the DT to a "May Flowers" challenge. So they had to use stamped images with flowers and/or flower embellies! I pulled out my new Lockhart "Patio Pots" stamps to use on a set of notecards--2 of each (6 total) with envies in a decorated card box is available at my Etsy store!
I kept the layout simple and stamped my images on PTI's kraft cs--coloring on kraft cs with your Copics gives such a neat effect. The kraft soaks up more of the ink & gives a more subtle coloring, really nice! The kraft was embossed with my CB swiss dots folder and the colored cs is all by PTI too.
This image is Lockhart's "Patio Pot--English Daisy"--I just love these images, elegant & so many occasions to use them for! I colored with Copics and then added flower soft (in lemon & sunshine yellow) to the flowers. The flower centers are done with my white sharpie poster paint pen (extra fine tip, the best white pen on the market, I swear)!!

This image is Lockhart's "Patio Pots--Lavender" and I added flower soft to this image also.

The last image is "Patio Pots--Petunias" and I colored the flowers with pink poinsettia Shimmerz on top of the Copics!
Boxed them up in a clear box and made a tag with my Labels 4 Nestabilities--the sentiment is from PTI's "Spring Tag Collection" set. I just wrapped with ribbon & then threaded my tag & button with Scrappers Floss and tied off! Just a lovely set to give someone--Whatcha' think?

Now make sure and hop over to the store blog "Follow Your Heart" to see the rest of the DT's fabulous flower power creations!!

Hope you have a wonderful day & see ya here tomorrow!
hugz,
Suzanne




20 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous but the highlight of your post is the fabulous laugh you just gave me!! I too have found rhinestones in strange places after crafting - I have one permanently atteched to the bottom of my slippers!!! Thanx so much for sharing - I really needed a laugh today!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Suzanne! You always make the most wonderful sets. Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne!
    These are gorgeous! I love that you boxed them, great idea!
    And thanks for the shower story, it did make me laugh! :)
    take care
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny. I can imagine what a scare that was.

    What a great set of cards. As usual beautiful coloring. The flower pots look so real

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards - I love the look of the Copics on the kraft paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and fresh flowers. Your coloring is stunning!

    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful! All of the flower pots are gorgeous!
    Iloved your story. We have ticks were I live so I understand having to check everything everwhere. I had a Kaiser pearl follow me to work - it ended up stuck on my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Suzanne, these are just GORGEOUS! I really love the added touch of the flower soft! What a great gift idea! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I love these new Lockhart images.
    I got a giggle out of your story, sounds like something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these note cards! These images are just gorgous and the Flower Soft just brings them to life. So have you found what project you're going to use your rhinestone on? Too funny!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm LMBO at your rhineston tick!! Boy, sure would make them easier to find on the dogs if they'd sparkle like that!!

    LOVE your cards - the colors really pop against the kraft, and love the bit of texture and sparkle with the flowersoft and shimmerz!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These turned out so very pretty! I love that you incorporated all different kinds of embellishments to your card.
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cards are wonderful, I espeacially love the purples. Thanks for making me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL @ your shower story!! I love the cards, they are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Suzanne
    You've got me rolling over your bling stuck to your back, Thank goodness it wasn't a tick!
    The cards you have up are wonderful:-) The flower soft adds such a nice effect, I love seeing what you come up with when using them:-)
    The three cards are all great paired with the kraft paper!
    As always I love to look at your creations
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the giggle. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful set, I love the layouts and the flower soft.
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice! So you have gemstones on your back and poprocks in other special places! *LOL*

    Love your projects, your highness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. totally awesome set! Love the funny story too! I just ordered those sharpies cuz of your suggestion...cant wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover