Thursday, September 24, 2009

Enjoy the Ride!!

Hello Stampin' Friends!! One more day until the weekend--yay--has your week seemed as long as mine, hee hee! Saturday I'm teaching a Copic class here at my home which is always fun for me cuz' I just love teaching everyone how to use their copics. I will have another class on October 11th & that will be my last class for this year due to the upcoming holidays--I will resume classes come Jan/Feb! I'll also be cleaning the upstairs/bedrooms carpets with my new $400 carpet cleaner (Royale) which I just love--isn't that exciting, lol! But I spend at least $800 a year using professional carpet cleaners so the fact that this machine does such a fabulous job & I can do it myself does excite me (oh the small joys, hee hee)! I already did our basement level & all the area rugs on the main floor which is totally hardwood except for rugs--love it! But that's it for my weekend plans! What is everyone else up to this fall weekend?

******************************

Oh boy, as soon as I saw these cute Magnolia stamps with their bikes I knew they had to be mine (there is an Edwin w/ bike as well) and you can find them HERE at Magnolia-licious! Isn't she just as cute as can be? The background stamp is from Whiff of Joy called "Fall Grass" & you can find it HERE. The layout is this week's SCS sketch #247 which is fabulous & so easy to use with your Magnolia stamps. The pretty paper is from Frances Meyer (that I've hoarded cuz' I lovee it) paired w/ SU ballet blue cs & PTI's lemon tart cs. Those side embellies are buttons that I put a yellow Kaiser pearls on top of--love to add stuff to my buttons to change them up, hee hee! The fun sentiment is from PTI's "Everyday Button Bits" set!

Isn't she just a cutie? She's colored w/ copics and then I cut her out & popped her up w/ dimensionals. I stamped the grassy hill & then made clouds w/ my cloud template (see video I made about this on sidebar if you're interested). I always like to make my clouds sparkle so I added some diamond stickles on top! And the bike & her sneakers got diamond glaze, stickles on the flowers & lace trim and some silver Spica pen on the bike's handlebars.

Here is a close-up to show the dimension. So I stamped the bike basket & bouquet twice and popped them up so there are 3 levels of dimension on this image. Love, love how this one turned out!!

Second project is another fun Halloween project I made using some more of those cute Pink Cat Studio Digi stamps that you can find HERE! This is "IB Betty-Ladybug Costume" & she's such a lil' cutie! I printed her out in 2 sizes (fun thing to do w/ digi stamps) & for those who are asking: I print them out right onto my Gina K Luxury cs in 120 lb weight (same that I stamp on) with my Epson R300 printer set to print on matte paper. I don't have to heat set it or wait--I start coloring right away w/ my copics & no smearing!

I added some stickles to her costume, some fun star buttons from my stash & that fun border was done w/ my Fiskars border diamond punch. The bag topper is simple to make & filled w/ yummy sour pumpkin gumdrops--YUMMO! These are so quick & easy to make up & so much fun to give!!

That's all for me today--I gotta get lotsa stuff done today as usual, hee hee! Have a great one!


hugz,
Suzanne

20 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne. Such beautiful work. I love what you did with the dimentionals. You have such an eye for details. The second project is just so cute, and YUMMMM on the pumkins for sure...Wish I lived close to you, I would take your classed is a second. Have a great Thursday, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your cards! The candy bag is such a fun idea and I can't wait to get my hands on those darling cute images!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are just adorable both of them....Have a great weekend !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Suzanne, love the scene on the first one
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous work Suzanne. I love the dimension you achieved. She is adorable and your colors are fantastic. Your Digi cards are sooo cute too. What a great set. Aren't digi images fun? Great job on both projects...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love her. She is adorable and what you did with her is amazing. I may have to take a trip to VA just to take one of your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, Suzanne. Thanks so much for the inspiration and all your tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, Suzanne! This is so stinkin' adorable!!! Until I read your post, I thought you had drawn the grass and was TRES IMPRESSED....well, I am TRES IMPRESSED anyhow! ;) Love your treat holders too! Those new digi stamps are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! I love this Magnolia image and you inspire me to go ink her up, sigh... after my chores though. I love how you colored Tilda in and dimensional-ized her :o)
    Love your candy bags too! So cute, hugz, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your Tilda! The colors your used match perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne, gorgeous card. Tilda with bike is so adorable. Just got her image too, but haven't played around with her. I guess I'll have to soon before the weather really turn autumny. Love how you coloured her and the colour scheme. The added 3-D effect is super.

    Ooh, I like your Halloween treat. Wouldn't mind getting one of those in my Trick or Treat bags, especially as I love sour stuff.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. So precious, Suzanne! Love the yellow and blue combo and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tidla with her bike. Beautiful card! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card Suzanne!! She is super cute and I love that stamp too!! Oh boy, I have so many stamps that have not ever touched ink...she is one of them! LOL!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzanne!!! You´re an artist!!! I love your coloring and all the details you add to your card.

    Hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Suzanne your Tilda card is beautiful it turned out gorgeous! Your work is always beautiful but I really love this one! Love your sweet little halloween treats.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both lovely Suzanne! Tilda is gorgeous as always and I just love the Pink Cat images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW your cards always inspire me to create. You have such an amazing talent that you blow me away. This card is one of them, the colours and dimension- Wow again. Cheers and Hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card are awsome ;0)
    Your coloring is so amazing!

    Hugs, Janneke X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzanne I think this card is one of my All Time Favorites! I love everything about it!! Beautiful!!! Hugs Cynde

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover