Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fah-Bu-Lous Darrrrling!!

Good evening to you all again--hope your week has been fabulous for you so far!  I'm still suffering from a nasty sinus infection/flu bug that is seriously slowing me down.  With Alexa's 14th birthday party/sleepover on Friday night with 6 girls in the backyard--I AM PRAYING for some relief so I can function!  They're sleeping in the backyard (if it doesn't storm), with the firepit & I'm sure lots of screaming--YIKES!  And I haven't gotten her gifts yet, oy!!  Not to mention that the final version of the magazine "Through the Craftroom Door" is due Friday and I'm sooooooo behind, that Marti is gonna SLAP me silly, LOL!  OMGoodness please pray for ME!!

Anywho, tonight I'm sharing another fabulous stamp set being released by Gina K--I LOVE this set!  I love vintage lady stamps and this set "Sew Pretty" makes me happy--lovin' it so much (fabulous job from Asela who is the illustrator)!

************************************************
Sew Pretty

I love anything vintage--I don't know why, but it just makes me happy like this stamp set "Sew Pretty" from Gina K!  I especially love movies made in the 50's & 60's with the ladies all dressed in their finest and men sharp looking in their suits--they really dressed classy then ya know.  Not that I want to dress up when I vacuum my house like June Cleaver (lmbo), but I wish there was a little bit more dressiness in our world these days--it's fun!  So when mentioning classic lady wear you can't NOT mention Lilly Pulitzer--she WAS resort fashion in the 60's & 70's and still rocks a bit today (though you won't see me in it, little too bright and patterned for me to wear, lol).  See HERE if you have NO idea what I'm talking about, LOL!  So when I found these fabulous papers from GCD Studios called "Homespun Chic" that had vintage ladies in it and all these fab Lily-like patterns I ordered it as fast as I could SPECIFICALLY to use with this set!  Lilly rocks the pink & greens!

I paper pieced the apron and the apron pocket to be matchy-matchy with the fabulous papers--it's all about the fashion and looking "FAH-Bu-Lous Darling".  (Remember to ALWAYS shade your paper piecing so it has the same dimension as the rest of the image) I gave her a fabulous hot pink sweater (I drew in the neckline, seemed a little TOO low cut for me, hee hee) and then stickled her skirt and apron bands to make them glittery.  Ladies like their bling ya know!  And she was colored with copics {RV17,RV14,RV11,RV10,YG67,YG20}


I like having my papers off center--it gives it some funky fun to the layout and I distressed some of the edges too!  I polka-dotted the green cs myself with my Sharpie pen cuz' it was too plain for me!  I added some large buttons to tie into the sewing theme but topped them with pearls to dress them up a bit and had to use a large flower on the bow to match the flowery paper!  I blinged around the "Happy Birthday" sign as well for extra sparkle!  I have to say I just adore this card and it might be with me for awhile in the craft room, lol---it just makes me HAPPY!  Hope you enjoyed it too--now make sure and visit the other fabulous designers on the hop tonight too below!!


Designers Participating in Previews tonight: 

The Release Party is this Thursday, April 22 on StampTV.  We would LOVE to have you join us for the fun!


There will be challenges, contest questions, chatter, as well as tons of samples from the Design Team members from 7-10 (central time) all leading to the new products being available in GinaK's online store at 10pm. 


28 comments:

  1. Suzanne I remember making an apron just like that in Home Ec. My Mother and I wore clothes like that image . Women did clean house in a dress and apron. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that is sooo awesome!! I LOVE that dp....I need some now!! LOL Lily Pulitzer..........had to click your link!! LOL Thanks for sharing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne - I love your card! The first thing I thought when I saw it was Lilly Pulitzer! Those green and pink patterns are just SO Lilly! I don't wear her stuff either but I see it and think it is so fun and pretty! Love these retro women images and you are right -- it would be fun to have a bit more dressiness these days (not for cleaning the house, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for you to feel better. My daughter is having her birthday sleep over this weekend too. She is only having 2 friends so I got off easy this year. I am looking forward to the next edition of Through the Craftroom door. Your card is amazing. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHhhh my! THis is way awesome! WOWZA!! Love the coloring of course, and the paper piecing is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love happy cards also! They just lift your spirits : )

    Thanks for the tip about the paper piecing - I need all the help I can get since I haven't tried that technique yet...

    Fabulous, Dahling... love the happy colors you've used and the waaaaay cool embellies!

    Continuing to pray for you, my friend! "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

    Love and hugs ~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the pearls! So 50s!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning..Love the paper piecing and the design paper is perfect for this image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - I can see why you love this image - she's totally fabulous and your card is too!!! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Suzanne, I love the colour combo and that image is fab!

    I really hope you get better soon!

    Siobhan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzanne,
    I am sending prayers for you to get well and soon! I would hate to think of you having the birthday party when you feel so bad!
    You are working way to hard - you must take care of yourself!!
    Now I have to tell you how much fun your card is today! LOVE it and all the great papers and buttons - BRAVO!
    Hugs, Candy ( PS I think the girls will be in by 11:00 )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is fabulous indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, it's sooo fabulous, glam and retro and stylish and pretty colours and gorgeous colouring - all my faves on ONE card. I'm in heaven!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card! Love the choice of dp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, Suzanne! I absolutely love your choice of papers and details! Outstanding coloring and paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love what you've done with this image! I absolutely love your work! you've done it yet again : )

    FYI: after leaving a comment on Gina's blog I noticed that she has the name of the set as Sew Pretty. and I left a comment using the Sew Happy title - I think the set's name may be Sew Pretty.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Gorgeous coloring and papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The image is just gorgeous. I love the colour combo which you use, just my favorite :)
    Hug's
    Reni Pacheva

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Fantastic card, Suzanne! I remember this look very well so I guess that makes me vintage as well. LMBO!! Love all the details you put into your cards. Great embellishments, colors, layers and layout!!! BTW, in the 40s and 50s ladies did not go to the city without wearing hat, gloves, and high healed shoes. Yes, it was a very dressed up time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you get over this infection real soon, Suzanne... nothing is worse than having a "to do" list and not feeling good enough to do it!!
    Love your card, it's just adorable as usual. You're so creative, it's so much fun to see what you'll do next!
    Get well soon.........

    ReplyDelete
  21. She certainly is fab-u-lous. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the card. The stamp brings back memories of the "good ole days". I am looking forward to tomorrow's releases.
    Hope you start feeling better soon.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all the detail you've added to this card, Suzanne! Hope you feel better soon.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore this card too. Love the colors. I'm afraid I wouldn't part with it. Like you said, it makes you happy just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful combination of patterns on your background. And she's fab !
    Love to see you link it up at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover