Thursday, May 13, 2010

Me & My Buddy!

Hello all you fabulous friends!  Let's talk about music and books today, 'kay!?  I LOVE Music--all kinds, I really don't discriminate at all ('cept maybe heavy duty rap) although I do love Jay Z's kind of rapping, the heavier stuff not so much.  I have over 11,000 songs on my Ipod--GASP--and there is a bit of everything.  I was adding some new songs to my Ipod last night while I was burning the midnight oil finishing projects and realized what a group of music I have.  They say your Ipod music list says a lot about you...........hmmmmmmm......this just means that I am totally ADD and all over the place even in my music, LMBO!  I have folk, punk, pop, oldies, classical, rap, R&B, country, retro--you name it and I probably love it and know the words to it.  I have a freaky talent where I can hear a song once and remember all the words even 20 years later---it drives my daughter CRAZY, lol!  Last night I was listening to Lady GaGa, Bon Jovi, Dixie Chicks, Beyonce, Michael Jackson and Barry Manilow--I hear you laughing but yes I do like Barry Manilow (Copacopacabana) hee hee! I think they need a Broadway show made to all his music like they have for Green Day, Abba, Billy Joel, etc.

If you like Lady GaGa or just really like to see very talented kids do their thing--take the time to watch the YouTube video below--this 12 year old boy is awesome (better than Gaga herself) and make sure to watch the classmates faces while he's singing (I think they're a little shocked, lol)!  I think he's fabulous and most stars can't sing that well live w/o a band KWIM--he's gonna be on Ellen DeGeneres' show on Thursday & I'll be watching!



Now let's chat about some books--even with working a ton of hours lately I find time to read before bed.  Everyone always asks me how I have time to read and I don't really, but I make time for things that I love.  It's the only time I get for "me" when everyone is asleep and no one needs anything, KWIM?  Some nights I read wayyyyyyy too late when I should be sleeping, but a good book is always worth it.  If any of you have read the Debbie MaComber series "Cedar Cove or Blossom Street" books then YOU WILL LOVE her new book called "Hannah's List"--I read it in one night and it was fabulous.  I also found a new series to obsess over called "Sweet Magnolias" set in my fave South Carolina by Sherryl Woods--so far I'm on book 4 and they will suck you right in, really good. Make sure to read them in order though--that's important!  If you want more mystery & action than you MUST read "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson and the next one is "Girl That Played with Fire"--AWESOME, page-turners, sad to see them end!  Can't wait for the new one to come out on May 25th--yes it's pre-ordered on my Kindle!  All of these books are available on the Kindle--my true love, shhhh...don't tell hubby but it's the best gift he's EVER given me, lol!

NewsBitz:

-Susana has MORE NEW GOODIES in stock for you to peruse and buy, hee hee! Fabulous new Kaisercraft paper pads (love that gypsy sister--it's mine for sure) and 7 Gypsies paper pads as well!

*****************************************************
Me & My Buddy


This card was made for Try It Out Thursday--yep I said Thursday.  The DT has split into 2 groups and will be doing these challenges on Tuesday & Thursday--my day is Thursday :)  Starting next week on the store blog you will also be able to join in and link your card on the blog--first week of every month there will be a prize as well so we hope you'll all stop by and take part!


I've used this new Elisabeth Bell for SCACD cutie called "Me & My Buddy"--LOVE THIS!  Gotta love a gal with her doggie--too cute!  The challenge this week was to create a Springtime project--well I only had time to make a card so pretend the gift is invisible, lol!  I used some of my fave Basic Grey "Bittersweet" papers for my card--love those colors.  I layered some Prima flowers with Prima Cameo roses and added some swirls in cream made with some Spellbinder's dies.  The trim was done with one of my fave MS border punches--love it!  I added some ribbon tags for fun and left off a sentiment so this could be used for any occasion.  I also like to skew my layers on occasion--it's just fun!!


This cutie is colored with Copics (I don't remember exactly all the colors-but will add the rest in tomorrow)--the hair was done with E25,E31 & E50 and doggie too with the addition of E53.  I like to paper piece sometimes--it's fun and makes a nice matchy statement!  Make sure to shadow/shade your paper piecing so it doesn't look weird, OK?  I shaded with W1,R00, & R20 and also created shadowing around the image (see Magnolia post below for this).  Then I stamped a few swirls in pink ink around the image's end and added Viva Decor glitter liner in holographic to them for bling!

Hope you liked today's project---now hop over to the store blog to see the rest of the DT's projects!



23 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card and thanks for sharing this lovely video. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Suzanne, love the colours really pretty. I'm also reading Stieg Larsson's books, the Girl Who Kicked the Hornets nest is already available here, it's a goody so far! Take Care, Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! The sketch, the stamp, the colors combo ... everything!! really beautiful!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous Suzanne, I love the colors you have used and the paper piecing looks amazing! Thanks for the reminder about putting shadowing down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorable. What a cute image and gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card!!! Great Stamp, Great Colour work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful card Suzanne,i love your image.
    So gorgeous papers and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is very beautiful
    lovely image
    love the colering


    karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking of paper piecing this image, love what you did with her!! Such a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card Suzanne! I love it Girl! And thanks for the paper piecing shading tips....LOVE advice from my Copic Queen! :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzanne - thanks for sharing the youtube video...that is one talented young man. Love the card, some of my fav colors and isn't she a cutey!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card, love the image.
    I have to say it annoys my daughter to no end, but I too remember the words to songs very easily and sing along to every song that plays while we are in the car. If her friends are in the car I get in REAL trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love those Elizabeth Bell images...so cute!! Thanks for the paper piecing tip.

    I love to read too and you've mentioned two of my favorite authors, Debbie Macomber and Sheryl Woods whose Sweet Magnolia Novel, Sweet Tea at Sunrise, I'm currently reading...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous layout design on this card Suzanne and your coloring for this image is so very sweet :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Suzanne! I love this image and your color combo and layout are perfect. Thanks for the shading tip on the paper piecing! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME! as usual Suzanne, love how you have pieced her top, beautiful work, you truly are inspirational.
    hope you hubby feels better
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Suzanne....just got back from visiting my mom for Mother's Day and had to catch up on your blog since she doesn't have a computer.
    First off, that young man is awesome, what a voice!!! Also, you're right about reading. I just started The Help, and I'm loving it, also downloaded The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which will be next. I've heard his books are great!
    Now for your cards....you've been busy!! Wow, what beautiful work, these cards are all lovely...I can't wait to get my stuff out again and play, feeling so inspired by all this beauty!! Thanks for all your inspiration.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card. Love the colors. The ribbons add just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Suzanne...this is fantastic....you do the most amazing coloring! This image is so adorable....and so is your card!!
    Love it!
    xxx
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw Graysen on "Ellen" the other day and he was truly AMAZING!

    I also LOVE all kinds of music and have all genres on my iPod too. My favorite will probably always be good ole' ROck and Roll...! I like everything form the 50's and up!! FUN FUN FUN Music!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Suzanne,
    Thank you for sharing this video...I heard about this boy on the radio, but never thought of looking him up Youtube :-). I enjoyed his performance very much.

    Also, I really have learned a lot from you video tutorials and love your work. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Love,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover