Friday, May 13, 2011

Faux Sew?

Hi everyone!  I am re-typing and posting this post as Blogger had a HUGE HICCUP and deleted everyone's last post--ugh!  So this info might not be new to anyone, I apologize, LOL---if you commented all the comments disappeared as well (arghhhh darn blogger)!  I am in Grand Rapids, Michigan thru Sunday teaching and yes it was a long 10.5 hour drive!  But I had my friend Melanie in the car and time passed much quicker than when I travel alone that's for sure.  I'm sure she thinks I'm totally NUTS now as you will all find out when you meet me in person, LOL!  I will have a new post up on Sunday and Monday for you all so please stop back by!  Then I get home late Monday evening :)

**********************************************
Gina K Blog Hop - Faux or Sew!!

Members of Gina K.'s Design Team have come together to host a hop with sewing as the center theme. Along the hop you will find a variety of sewing techniques from hand sewing to faux sewing!

If you came from the lovely Sharon Harnist's Blog, you're at the right place. If not make sure to head over to StampTV where you will find a list of all those participating in today's hop.



So the fun blog hop is all about SEWING today--BUT I will admit something (shhhh) I HATE TO SEW, yikes! LOL!  I know how to sew I just don't like too, but growing up my mom was a phenomenal sew-er and could do anything with the sewing machine.  The thought of screwing up my card or image with a bad stitch makes me incredibly nervous but I am going to try it this summer when I have more time (yeah time, right, LOL).  So I'm all into FAUX sewing!  I used this fabulous (and one of my faves) Gina K sets called "Farm Life"--its a great set because it can be used for so many occasions.

I love to stamp and color with Copics on Kraft cardstock--such a vintage and different look and easy to do. TIP: when coloring with copics on kraft make sure to use darker colors than normal or they will not show up as well.  I used Copic colors E44,E43,E42,E41 and then my fave white Sharpie Poster Paint Pen to highlight the flowers and grass---the white really POPS on kraft.  I colored and cut out the watering can out and popped it up for a bit more fun dimension. The sentiment was embossed with white EP.  The dark brown mat was cut with my fave Spellbenders die "Labels 16" and then embossed with a CB embossing folder and lightly sanded. For my faux sewing I used my paper piercer to pierce holes and then drew dashes between each hole with my white Sharpie pen--great and easy way to give a similar feel (for those non-sewers like myself).  Some vintage crinkly ribbon and a fun button finish it off!

Now you need to continue on the hop to the wonderful Tami Mayberry's Blog HERE!  Enjoy!



12 comments:

  1. Hi
    Blogger sure did have a huge hiccup-I commented on your card but see there are no comments so here it is again.
    This is absolutely fabulous. Love it.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it neat ideal on the corner for frenceing lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I absolutely love it. Although the stitching doesn't 'pop' off the page, it adds a delicate finishing touch. Fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made it to Grand Rapids as I will be there tomorrow!!!! Can't wait to meet you :)
    Dianne
    P.S. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your faux stitching. The black and white and draft are so nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the card!! And I hear ya about the sewing. I get nervous sewing on the cards!!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the faux stitching, but no where near your talent level for card design! Really beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It wouldn't even let me in to comment! But I'm back....

    Love your card, so vintage looking and beautiful!!! Have a safe trip home and enjoy yourself....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and the accented white on the image. It give dimension to it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover