Friday, May 20, 2011

Gina K Blog Hop Today!

Hello everyone and Happy Thursday to you!  I am on my long drive to Michigan with my friend Melanie for my weekend classes in Grand Rapids.  Last night I stayed at my friend Anary's house and she is just the best person and I'm so happy to call her my friend---if you haven't stopped by her blog and seen her beautiful work you should!  We had lots of girly talk and a nice dinner and she helped me get some of my class prep work done (thanks girly).  So it was a nice visit and I had a wonderful time!

Blog Hop Details:

Members of Gina K.'s Design Team have come together to host a hop with SEWING as the center theme. Along the hop you will find a variety of sewing techniques from hand sewing to faux sewing!

If you came from Sharon Harnist's beautiful blog, you're at the right place. If not make sure to head over to StampTV where you will find a list of all those participating in today's hop.



I will admit to something to you all (shhhhhhhhhh) I HATE TO SEW!  I know how to do it, I grew up learning from my mom who is an amazing sewer but it just was never my thing.  And I tremble to think about messing up my projects by sewing crooked, I do admit and I promised myself that this summer I would take some time to try it out and learn to do it on papercrafts.  Because I love, love to see it but I can definitely do FAUX SEWING (that's right up my alley, lol).  I used a fabulous stamp set by Gina K called "Farm Life" which is one of my favorites as it's PERFECT for any occasion.

I wanted to create a vintage and primitive feeling card so I decided to stamp my images on kraft cardstock in brown ink and then highlighted with Copics in E44,E43,E42,E41.  I also used my white Sharpie Post paint pen to create some bright white highlites on the kraft cs--a really nice effect.  I cut the watering can and popped it up with dimensionals for a bit of dimension on the main image.  The sentiment was embossed with white EP.  I used one of my fave Spellbinders dies "Labels 16" to create the matting behind my image and embossed it with a CB embossing folder and then lightly sanded it.  My faux stitching was done by piercing holes thru my pattern paper and then using my Sharpie pen to create the faux stitches.  A quick and easy way to give a Hand-Sewn feeling to your projects if you are like me, LOL and afraid to stitch on your projects.  I finished it off with some crinkled ribbon and a button.

Now make sure to continue on your Gina K Blog Hop Journey by visiting the very talented Tami Mayberry next!  Enjoy!




29 comments:

  1. Love this! I will have to try the white highlights soon- it's such a fabulous look. I really paused when reading the sentence about your mom:
    I grew up learning from my mom who is an amazing sewer--I read it as sewer- the pipe in the street!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the stamps on kraft paper. The highlighting was really terrific too. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very awesome Suzanne! LOVE your faux stitching on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THUD - gorgeous in every way Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is awesome! I love the image and it goes so well with the dp because it reminds me of a chain-link fence! Faux stitching is right up my alley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card!! Love the white you added to the pic. I never think of using that and it just pops!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is Gorgeous, Suzanne!! Love the stamping on kraft & of course your colouring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love that image and your beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the vintage look. I love how you changed your flowers by making them white. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne, this is a perfect card and your sewing is wonderful!! Love this stamp set, because, as you say, it's great for any occassion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card. Unlike you I have absolutely no talent sewing so I can really appreciate faux sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I love this card! I am beginning to love those Copic Markers. I see you do classes, I'll check it out.

    Thanks for sharing!

    www.loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely faux stitching! The best kind when you are in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card and also the technique of faux sewing you implemented. That is really clever of you. Since I hate to sew too, this would work for me as well. So thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that Vintege look along with the sewing... And a button T'Boot!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous card Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful.Love the colors.
    crafty teacher

    ReplyDelete
  20. could have fooled me. I thought your whole background paper was cross-stitched. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would never have known that was faux stitching if you hadn't said so. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the country feel of this card and your choice of colors :) Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card!! I had to comment about your thoughts on sewing. My mom was a professional seamstress so, of course I learned to sew. For a while I made my own clothes, but never really enjoyed sewing as my mother did... and of course, I never had the great talent for it that she did so I pretty much stopped sewing... I even dread having to hem something these days! LOL!! I'm fairly new to papercrafting and I see so many people sewing on their cards, but I just can't bring myself to try it. So anyway, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card Suzanne. I am amazed how *real* the faux stitching looks. Super technique.....well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OK since you admitted it so will I... I hate to sew too! My mom tried to teach me because she sewed all of our clothes but I just didn't want to know how... and I too would rather use paper to create! Bless our mothers hearts for trying though! Lovely card!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover