Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mom's Day Weekend!

Happy Mom's Day weekend to all the mom's and grand-ma's out there!  Do you all have anything planned for the weekend?  Hubby is taking me, Alexa and her boyfriend to the movies to see "Something Borrowed" tonight cuz I liked the book a lot :)  Riley and a friend are seeing "Thor" as they did not want to see a "chick-flick" (not sure hubby does either, but he promised, lol).  This is Alexa's boyfriend first time having an outing with the Dean Family, hee hee---we'll (or I'll) make sure to initiate him correctly at dinner, LMBO.  Alexa is sooooooooooo worried and she SHOULD be, LOL!  We are a very strange bunch but to know us is to love us (wink)!  Then we are planting new shrubs on Saturday around the patio and mulching--not a ton of fun but I love pretty landscaping!  I told the kids to buy me a tree that I could plant so that's what they are doing and I love it!  To all the mom's out there--I do believe there is NO HARDER job than being a parent but especially a mom.  A 24-hour, 7 days a week job that never stops, quits or gets easy and rarely any vacations from it that's for sure.  We NEVER get to leave our "work" at the office right? LOL!  So I hope all the mom's/grand-ma's out there take the day to enjoy, relax and rest just a bit for once!  I know I will--I'm gonna do some more reading in bed and hopefully get my Dunkin' Donut (boston creme only) in bed with a BIG glass of chocolate milk--that's all I want, LOL!  And of course I will be calling my own mom (so get ready mom, lol) on Sunday as well.  I ordered her present but it will be LATE as I forgot to add an important something so it's coming (hear that mom)!  My mom is the best!  Hopefully she's taking the day off too!

NewsBitz:

-Want to be on the CMC Challenge DT with me?  I'm taking entries thru May 15th to add to the DT and you can find out all the details HERE (just scroll down to the end)!  I'm pretty easy to work for I think and it's a fabulous team of ladies--all levels of Copic work are welcome to apply so if you want to get your feet wet with a DT this is a great place to start!

-Don't forget to enter for my yummy Birthday Blog Candy HERE--you have until Saturday night to enter!!

-Have you stopped by to see the CMC Challenge Group at my Color Me Creative Classroom yet?  EVERYONE is welcome to join, there is a fun challenge every 2 weeks with a great prize/sponsor and the winners are randomly picked so all levels can play.  Its a fun group and gets you to maybe step outta the box and try something new!  Also TWO GREAT WAYS to win now--all details HERE!  (you have to join the site to play and everyone is welcome to join--this is how I keep the spammers out, thanks)

-7 Kids has some new goodies you might wanna check out!  The NEW Theresa Collins StampMaker machine HERE and all FOUR NEW Basic Grey Collections HERE (oh so yummy)!


***************************************************
Enjoy Yourself!!


This card I made with Mother's Day in mind--I thought it was a perfect image for a mom and a reminder to "take a break".  This cutie is one of 2 NEW stamps by Victoria Case for SCACD that you can find HERE.  This one is called "Spa Time Fairy" and I love this lil' fairy taking a spa day in the tea cup.  When I was little I was OBSESSED with fairies and fairy books--I used to imaging them living in my doll house and using items like this, so fun!

I'm entering this into the below challenges that asked for Mother's Day Cards--fun!



I used the My Minds Eye paper pad "Fine & Dandy"(15% off right now)--love the soft colors and delicate patterns.  I distressed the edges of the paper for a bit of shabby-chic effect.  The pearl swirl is by Prima and bow was done with my Bow Easy.  The matting behind the image was done with my Spellbinders Lacey Circles.  CHECK out the new My Minds Eye 6x6 paper pads and the new ones by Echo Park too--HERE!  (shhh I just ordered them ALL cuz I cannot help myself, lol, and I am not supposed to be getting new paper)  The sentiment is from PTI.



The image was colored with Copics BG72,BG11,BG10/R21,R20/C3,C1,C00 and then I coated the teacup and saucer with Diamond Glaze to make it glass shiny!  All the wings and the water got some Stickles for sparkle.  Such a cutie!

Ok--I wish you all a wonderful weekend spent with friends and family! I'll see you back here on Monday!


24 comments:

  1. Awwwww Suzanne.... This is just precious! I just don't know how you manage to always create such STUNNING cards. Hugs Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Suzanne, I love the colouring of that sweet fairy and tea cup. The glaze effect is fabulous as is those yummy papers. Gorgeous creation
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodmorning,
    What a cute card! Happy Mother's Day to you. I'll be spending the day with my favorite people, my son,daughter-in-law,daughter, son-in-law, and my Granddaughter who just yesterday started walking. And of course my wonderful husband.
    You are a great MOM. I love your blog. There is so much love and humor in it. Thank you for giving us such smiles with every blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy the flick. I went with my DD tonight and we enjoyed it....it's not earth shatteringly amazing but we enjoyed chatting about it over a hot chocolate afterwards. HMD to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day, Suzanne! Enjoy your weekend celebration! Love your card - the image is adorable and the papers and layout are fab, not to mention your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend Suzanne.
    Very cute card with this sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mothers Day to you as well ! Have a great weekend and be gentle on that new little guy in Alexia's life LOL ! poor kid hehehe :)
    Your card is just to cute love the image.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne, oooh so adorable!!! Love the soft colours. Wonderful layout. Gorgeous DP's--I'm going to look for them in the stores now..LOL. Fabulous card as usual. Love it.

    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! Love those soft colours!
    Happy Mother's day!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. This is just the cutest image. How many more stamps do I need. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this Suzanne, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty card. Love your coloring...
    Do you know when you'll be in San Jose for a class? I'll fly there to my sisters to take your class..hopefully.
    Have a great mom's day..

    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow oh wow Suzanne-this card is beautiful! You never cease to amaze me with your talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable card.........she looks so cute all curled up in that precious teacup!!!

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Suzanne, hope you get real spoiled.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful card Suzanne,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is beautiful! I won't tell anyone you bought new paper if you don't tell that I bought new stamps. =P Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card, Suzanne! Love it & love that cute little fairy!

    I want to wish you a most happy & joy filled Mother's Day tomorrow!!

    Happy Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Mother's Day! You do amaze me in all the things you get accomplished! I want to be just like you when I grow up! Wink-wink!! I am going to get to meet you in Greenville,S.C. June 11,2011in the beginners class!
    I feel so blessed--this is my birthday present from my husband. My Birthday is in July but I love him for giving me my birthday early! Thanks for all of the videos and great cards. You make all your fans and friends feel like part of your family! See ya soon! Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Suzanne. I wanted to come by and wish you a Happy Mother's Day. I hope you were able to get your trees/schrubs planted yesterday so that you can enjoy your milk and dounut. lol. I have been busy and not been a good blogger lately by telling you how wonderful all your cards are. I do check in everyday and I have to say I love each and everyone of your beautiful cards and projects. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi........it's me again! LOL I want to add to my previous comments about your darling card.........

    Thanks so much for joining in our “Mother’s Day and/or Flowers” challenge at Craft Us Crazy and hope you will join us again!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. So feminine and pretty! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty and your color combination is just wonderful.

    Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. GORGEOUS!! So soft and pretty! I always love coming to your blog and seeing your amazing projects! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover