Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hittin’ the Beach!


Well happy middle of the week to you all!  Are you having crazy weather wherever you live?  Boy we’ve had a ton of rain and lots of bad storms here in VA the past month and a half---we never have spring weather like this!  And my heart goes out to everyone in the mid-west especially those in Joplin, Missouri where the whole town was wiped out by fierce tornadoes and many lives lost. And to those that live in Oklahoma that got hit last night as well---we are all praying for you! It is so very scary what Mother Nature can unleash on us here on Earth that is for sure.  I have gone through a few tornadoes while we lived in Maryland and a few here in Virginia as well and it is absolutely TERRIFYING.  The sky turns green and it really does sound like a train coming through—frightening for everyone nearby so I can’t even imagine what those in the mid-west are going through right now.  We were lucky each time to not have much damage or loss of life but it is a powerful thing to see and NOTHING anyone wants to go through.  The weather events here on our earth the past couple years have been scary and make you think about what might be going on with tornadoes, hurricanes, mud slides, earthquakes and tsumamis---is it climate change, pollution, over population, end of the world?  Hmmmm….makes me wonder indeed!  So stop and say a little prayer for those who have been hit so very hard with these crazy weather events the past few months and give your loved ones a big hug too—you never know what tomorrow could bring.

NewsBitz:

-My pal Marti is releasing a second Prisma Pencil Class 2 at the CMC Classroom!  Her colored pencil classes are awesome so if you want excellent instruction on them check them out HERE and hover over Class Info/Pricing tab!  The class will premiere on Friday but you can pre-register now at the classroom---the full description and supply list will be up by noon EST!

-7 Kids College Fund Goodies---Have you seen the NEW Vintage Penny Black Collection HERE?  They are beautiful and look a like a lot fun to color and use!  NEW La La Land Crafts stamps for pre-order HERE and NEW Cuttlebug Folders too!


********************************************************************


Hittin’ the Beach!!

P1110274_edited-1

Today I’m sharing a fun card with you for the 7 Kids Challenge!  I’m the lucky hostess this time and I have challenged you all with a fun sketch with a TWIST!  The optional TWIST is to make it “Beach Themed”—which is always fun! You can find out the details, great prize and DT projects HERE.  I hope you get a chance to join in with us!


7kidschallenge_22
P1110277_edited-1

I had to use one of my favorite CC Designs images from the SugarPlums line called “Surfer Emma”---isn’t she adorable.  You can see her and more of these summer cuties HERE.  My papers are from My Minds Eye “Stella Rose” 6x6 paper pad---I loved the colors and it reminded me of the fun surfer gear I saw while vacationing in Maui last month.  I’m always drawn to unusual or different color schemes so this was perfect—a mix of aqua, navy and mustard gold.  The flowers are by Prima and the fun border was done with a MS border punch.  The swirls are some of my fave from Marianne Designs---I adore their dies.  The fun blue sand/water were done with Mudd Puddles which is a cool craft product—it will stick to paper fabulously and gives great texture.  The sentiment is from a PTI set.

I’m entering this card into the following challenges (remember to check out Feline Playful for a great list of challenges each day):

(BINGO-I chose die-cuts, ribbon/trim, flowers)
Use it Tuesday 
The Paper Shelter Challenge (anything goes--luv their digis too) 
Truly Scrumptious (anything goes)


P1110269_edited-1

P1110279_edited-1

This cutie got colored with Copics B39,B37,B34,B41/Y26,Y23,Y21/E25,E50,E31/E11,E00, R20/BG72,BG11,BG10.  I added stardust Stickles to her bathing suit and hat’s yellow stripes.  The surfboard got a nice thick coat of Diamond Glaze. Want to use Diamond Glaze effectively?  Keep the tip in the glaze while applying—don’t lit up, keep light squeezing while tip is down and then you won’t get air bubbles in it.  If you do get bubbles just use a stick pin to pop them.  And make sure your project is FLAT while drying or the glaze will puddle and run down.  I coated the underside of the PTI sentiment with more of those fun Mudd Puddles.

P1110267_edited-1










20 comments:

  1. Love your card!! I used that same paper on a card today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne your card is awesome!!! Love the color and your coloring is fab for sure!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Suzanne....your card is DARLING!!! I love all your details and choice of colors ~ Thanks so much for always inspiring me to push myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Suzanne, very pretty colours. Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card reminds me of your Hawaii vacation and surf lessons! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card Suzanne. Love the colouring of the cute image and the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card with cute image and lovely paper!
    Thanks for joining Anything Goes Bingo Challenge.

    Irene (GD month May)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the patterned paper and how well the image and your coloring go hand and hand. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just fabulous. Your coloring is stunning and I love the beautiful embellishments.

    Have a nice day, hugs Janine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Suzanne, what can I say a part from its gorgeous! those design papers are divine. You have matched the colours perfectly.

    Thank you for joining in our Bingo Challenge at Anything goes

    Please join us for our Birthday celebrations.
    Tuesday 31st Anything Goes Challenge Blog!
    will be 1 year old and to celebrate we are holding a blog hop with candy and prizes to be won. Hope you can come and join us
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow love this,the colors are just stunning and the papers are so beautiful really makes one stunning card,bless you for playing at anything goes this week lots love cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Suzanne, your card is so lovely. Very pretty color combo. and your coloring is marvelous. hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is SO CUTE! I love the colors and the shimmer!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there girl....Your card is FABULOUS as always :) Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining at TPS this week......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there - I've just come across you blog from the Anything Goes site who I'm on the DT for & just wanted to say how much I love your work. I'm pretty new to this - but I've been told how proiminent you are in the crafting/ blogging world so just wanted to come & say hello! will be back now I'm following you.x
    Your Copic work is amazing - I usually use Distress Inks but investerd in some Copics a few weeks ago, loving them but I've a lot to learn so will look out for some tips whilst I'm here!
    deb.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love this card Suzanne! The stickles and diamond glaze really add that "extra" to the card. The image is too cute!

    TFS
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your layering techniques is an art form all in and of itself! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable! Love all of the yummy layers and color combo. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Use It Tuesday! Hugs, Jane

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover