Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ride 'dem Horses!

Howdy Cowgirls and all you other ladies (and gents, hee hee)!  Hope your week is going swell for ya so far.  Thank you, thank you for all the birthday wishes I received here on my blog, on Facebook and by email---I was quite overwhelmed by it all.  I don't think I have ever had so many birthday wishes, LOL and I so appreciate them all. You are all so sweet to take the time to let me know---love y'all!  I spent the day sitting on the patio (after I got my work done) in the warm sun reading my NEW Karen White book "The Beach Trees".  Which I finished early this morning (don't ask what time I stayed up till hee hee)--it was really, really good and I recommend it for sure!  Then hubby brought me a dozen MD blue crabs (yummers) that we ate on the patio---they were huge and fab.  If you've never had one, you are missing out---come to my house and I'll show you how to pick 'em.  I've been doing it since I was a toddler and I can get thru half a dozen crabs lickety split, LOL.  Drives the kids crazy that I can pick them so fast and hubby won't pick them as he's lazy--he likes his food prepared for him, LMBO.  But if you grew up in MD or around the Chesapeake Bay you know its more of a social event--you pick, you eat, you drink, you eat, you talk and jabber the whole time :)  See a pic of these babies below!

MD Blue Crabs coated in Old Bay and then dipped in a mix of vinegar/old bay--yum!

I've got the very last Maui slideshow for you today (sniff sniff, lol). This one has pics of Alexa's Birthday dinner at the very yummy Basil's Restaurant in Ka'anapali--Italian is her fave.  And then the other pictures are from the night we went to the Luau at the Marriott Resort in Maui---it was FANTASTIC and the sun setting behind the stage was postcard picture perfect (it almost looks fake but its not).  The dancers were fabulous and YES Suzanne DID get up and dance with them (but of course, duh, did you expect less & yes I was invited to) ;)  And hubby even danced a song with me too---the kids were GROANING with their heads in their hands at our front row table, hee hee!  Loved it!  And YES I DID LOVE the poi--no one else did but I was dipping all my food in it, weird you think, nah! LOL!  We also took time to visit the Maui Aquarium which was fun--both of the kids really enjoyed that.  Then we spent one more day in Lahaina walking thru the historic district which is along the west coast of Maui. We had to stop by the oldest and largest Banyan tree---it was HUGE and so pretty.  We ate at Kemo's which looked over the water and it way yummy.  For all those that asked if I ate while I was there--YES I DID! LOL and it was yummy but I stuck with mostly fresh fish, veggies and fruit which is abundant there & so good, and am lucky to say I actually lost 4 lbs on vacation.  All that activity I guess!  We finished it off with some yummy homemade gelato cones (mine was pineapple & chocolate which was the BEST).  And that tops off our dream family vacation of a lifetime---I will treasure that time and our memories forever.  When I get the videos done I will add those on the blog and the underwater pics too at some point!

Maui Slideshow #5

*************************************************************
Ride 'dem Horses!


Today I'm sharing a fun card I did for the House of Gilli--our lovely hostess is Wini Bell and she challenged us with a "Stitches & Layers" challenge.  So the layer part was supremely easy for me (lol) but the sewing.....errr not so much.  I HATE to sew in any form but I stuck it out and added some hand stitching, LOL.  You can find all the challenge details, DT projects and how to win at the House of Gilli Blog HERE!

I used the fabulously cute "Cowgirl Gilli" and I think she has such a cute outfit and spirit about her!  I used papers from BoBunny that I felt looked a bit rustic and country.  I distressed all the layers with my Zutter Distress Tool and then inked them.  The oval was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder and then rubbed the same brown ink over it with my Inkssentials Blending Tool.  The flowers are by Prima, buttons by PTI and the scrolls are Marianne Designs (thought they resembled ranch brands a bit 'eh?).  The stitching was done by using my Sew Easy tool and then I handstitched rustic twine---to darken the cream twine I just inked it with my SU inkpad :)


She's colored with Copics of course-- E25,E35,E31,E50/E11,E00,R20/E09,E08,E13/YR24,E35,E25,E31.  Then I added some cowgirl bling to her boots, skirt and belt with stickles.  Isn't she a cutie?


Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have a fabulous day!!



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful pix! Looks like you all had a fab time.

    What a fab card! Cute image. Fab details.

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another set of great picture.Had my first MD crabs in Bel Air,MD. They are awesome.
    Loved the Cowgirl card. The sewing was a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow she is a cutie ! Grat job and your twine on the edge is perfect !
    Love the slide show ..... I will be going to Maui
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me every single time, this is so fantastic!
    Looove the flowers, buttons and papers, georgeus colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pictures are beautiful Suzanne. I too love crab but you sound like you have it down to a science!

    Gotta love your cowgirl!! I am from Calaveras County and that is cowgirl country!!!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet of you for giving such a cool look to Gilli! I loved the rustic feel! Huggies!
    anaRy

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is ADORABLE... love the stitching.. being from Texas all my relatives LOVE to get "Howdy" cards from me, so she is going in my cart as we speak... thanks for posting the pics of the vacation.. The scenery is breathtaking..

    ReplyDelete
  8. More amazing pictures of that dream vacation...how beautiful!!! Makes me want to go back there for sure!
    Your crab at home wasn't too shabby either, though; looked mighty tasty, Suzanne..... When are you serving that up again? lol

    Loved your card, she's awfully cute! Loved the color combo you picked, perfect for the western flair....

    Hope you have a great Mother's Day.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have got to get this stamp!!! My DGD barrel races and I would love to give her a card with this cutie on the front!

    Gotta go see where I can buy it from!! Heeheehee..

    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Diana
    diana.reckaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card and coloring! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous pics, jealous!! Those crabs sound delish, must try them. Cards are beautiful too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card, Suzanne!!!! I think this is the cutest Gilli I've seen. The slide show was fantastic. They really put on quite a show at a luau, so mezmerising (I can't spell today). I love the music and the dancing - everything!!! And what about those banyan trees!!!! They are soooo beautiful and unique!! Seeing your pictures makes me want to visit again. Thank you so much for sharing!!! Hugs, Sharon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://www.alnwerh.com/vb/showthread.php?p=15223&posted=1#post15223

    http://www.tuvantaichinh.vn/diendan/showthread.php/3883-Christian-Louboutin-boots?p=14074&posted=1

    http://www.guilde-exode.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=141193&p=159050#p159050

    To as possibly be in any kind be they your studded shoes or reddish bottoms. Grishko] store in New York City will carry the complete line of Grishko products including pointe shoes, ballet flats, ballroom shoes, character shoes and boots. Unfortunately, in terms of money, most people in our society is limited to the financial aspects of a coward.. He has also helped curatea museum retrospective for Vivier, when he was in his 70s. Wilderness Landscape Photography - Australia Wilderness Traveller and Photographer Photography Forum AustraliaTraveling and camping, wilderness photographer adventurer.


    http://canaimita.canaima.org.ve/foros/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=132120&p=196615#p196615

    http://www.nanadc.in.th/board/index.php?topic=317702.new#new

    http://derweisselotus.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=192277&p=419102#p419102

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://abcdbrasil.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=640594&p=794432#p794432

    http://sites.univ-lyon2.fr/masterpro-adr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=188921&p=228903#p228903

    http://bringpoker.com/showthread.php?110-cheapest-expensive-Proscar-nz-online&p=6449&posted=1#post6449

    http://www.aller-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45857&p=73141#p73141

    Since launching her own label with the Gucci Group in 2001, however, McCartney has parlayed her penchant for eclectic designs and suggestive fruit prints into one for relaxed knits and flirty pieces paired with sharp tailoring, earning high praise from famous friends Gwyneth Paltrow, Madonna and her dear dad, Paul, who is a fixture in her front row.
    I really could put them on much longer, however my family often throws these once i 'm ended up for the entire day. Designs and colors of the shoes depend upon the age and sex of the person wearing them. I think it pretty obvious that I love natural essential oils and absolutes, and in the past I was resolute about using only natural ingredients in my perfumes.


    http://judomikael.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=260756&p=312634#p312634

    http://www.latincraft.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=253673&p=331423#p331423

    http://www.longevitystudies.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=382705#382705

    http://www.sharaia.com/ms/vb/showthread.php?p=778418&posted=1#post778418

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover