Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rockstar Power!!

Happy Sunday friends!  Hope the weekend has been good to you!  I am finishing up my weekend of teaching Copic Classes here in Michigan & then will make my way home tomorrow and arrive later that evening.  The weather here in Michigan has been great, much warmer than what I expected so I'm loving that, LOL!  I got to meet a lot of fabulous ladies, old friends and new while I was here.  Cindy of StampingScrapping.com had a retreat and taught classes as well so there were lots of crafty ladies in attendance for a fun-filled weekend!  Sorry for the short posts but the internet here is kinda slow (per the normal) so I'm trying to get as much done as I can while I can, LOL.  Tomorrow I have a Magnolia-licious Blog Hop post for you that you will not want to miss (and the winner of the last blog candy will be on that as well).

*********************************************************
Rockin' Yellow Rockstar!!


Today is the 15th so that means another fun Copic Creations Challenge!  The challenge this week is to color yellows--a fun but much underused color, but such an easy one to use and blend!  This week our fabulous sponsor is (one of our own dt sistah's) Katie Cotton's Paper Makeup Stamps!  She so generously allowed the DT to pick a digi image or stamp to use on our projects today---she has lots of cuties so you NEED to check them out at her store!! :)

I used this super fun digi image (great for a teen or gal in your life that has rockstar status, lol) called "Moody for Rock".  I just loved her and had a blast coloring and making this project.  For my yellows I used Y13,Y11,Y00,Y000 and for the Gold Guitar I used YR24,YR23,Y15,Y11.  I colored the water drops with C5,C3,C1,C00 and then coated them with stardust stickles.  Her bangles and guitar accents got some platinum and silver stickles for more rockin' bling :)  I used some fun Spellbinders dies in star shape and pinking circles for my mats and inked the edges with black/gray inks.  I accented the stars and the card with some black rhinestones for more bling!  The gray cs is actually a silver cs from PTI for more sparkle.  The papers are a mix of scraps from Kaisercraft. 

Now make sure to hop over to the Copic Creations Blog to see the rest of the DT projects and how to join in on the fun!  See ya back here tomorrow!



13 comments:

  1. Super cool card!! I love everything about it. Glad you are having a good time in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Suzanne! Have a safe trip home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous card Suzanne,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fun card, Suzanne! I'm excited to go color with some yellows now... =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun fun card, Suzanne! Love it! You rocked it, Girl! LOL

    Glad you're having a fun time in Michigan with Vivi & all the girls. Have a safe drive home.

    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an awesome card. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love it for a teenage girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card really "rocks"! I just love how did did "Yellow" ! You are still the Copic Guru in my book!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzanne! Wowzers, your card truly ROCKS! Your various yellow combos are amazing. You never cease to amaze me woman! Awesome card and coloring, as always. big hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne! Another amazing creation! Love the soft yellow combo on her outfit and how it contrasts with the darker warmer colors on her guitar. Plus the layout is super fun and funky. A perfect backdrop for this Moody Rocker ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne, your Moody for Rock card is so full of movement and fun! Nicely done. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover