Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sneak Peek Day for Gina K!

Hello my dear friends!  How are you all doing on this wonderful Thursday?  So far so good here even if we are crazy trying to get bunches of things done for our barbecue this weekend.  The barbecue is very casual and informal on Sunday BUT I use these events (shhhhhhh please don’t tell) to get my hubby motivated to get stuff done, LOL!  He has a really bad friend that sits on his shoulder called “PROCRASTINATION”, yes I see you nodding your heads along with me cuz’ either your hubby/significant other has this problem or you do, LMBO!  This friend is ALWAYS with my hubby and it can cause serious issues in the Dean household my friends.  I am always running at 200 mph (if you know me or have seen me you know this to always be true, lol) and my hubby runs at about 25 mph.  Now this is great for the most part as we can usually equal each out somewhere in the middle---he makes me slow down occasionally and I make him speed up.

BUT there are times when I can take NO MORE and must use my magical powers to get things done.  One of these magical powers is to schedule parties at our house—nothing motivates hubby more than unfinished projects that the GUESTS MIGHT SEE.  He doesn’t care that I’ve been seeing them for months but have some guests enter the picture and he gets on a roll like ya lit a firecracker under his hiney Winking smile!!  So now he is busy finishing up flower beds that he started in MARCH PEOPLE---and working to get them done.  He has been working in the dark to finish them up, LOL and I have said NOTHING.  As I get older and the longer we’ve been married (16 years) I learn that less is more when it comes to my MOUTH, hee hee so I just nod my head and agree to his ideas and out the door he goes.  So by Sunday my flowerbeds will be perfectly planted, mulched and drained which is what I asked for back in April but better later than never right?  So now I’m thinking about my next party I might have as there are some interior issues I need fixed, hee hee---maybe August (I’ll give him some time to recover first).

NewsBitz:

-Winner of my Wedding March Blog Candy is………Anita of “Cards & Coffee” Congrats Anita, email me for details! And thanks to all of you who left touching and funny wedding memories--I so enjoyed reading them. I'll tell you one of mine next week 'kay?

-Have you stopped by to join in on the CMC Challenge yet?  Its open to everyone, copic challenges every 2 weeks no matter what level you are at and great prizes!  You can find the details HERE and click on the CMC Challenge Group—we’d love to have you!

-Interested in taking Copic classes with me? Check out www.cmcroad.com for all my upcoming locations including NC, SC, Ohio and Canada.  I will be in Chicago before CHA this July as well and there are only 5 spots left in each class---so if you want to come hurry up and sign up!! I'd love to meet you and classes are ALWAYS fun :)

**********************************************************

Gina K’s May Sneak Peeks Hop

We are very excited to extend an invitation to you all for the Gina K. Designs May Release Party!  We have a fun evening planned for you - chatting, prizes, challenges, stamp sets reveal, design team shares, and most importantly, at the end of the party you will be able to go shopping!

Hope to see you at the party, here are all the details:
If you came from Tami Mayberry’s fantastic blog then you're at the right place. If not make sure to head over to StampTV where you will find a list of all those participating in today's hop.

P1110259_edited-1
I’m using a fabulous new set called Vintage Chic which is also the StampTV Kit of the month.  This set YOU NEED if you like elegant, fun and vintage images and sentiments!  It is jam packed with stamps that are just beautiful!  I embossed my image with black EP and then added Stardust Stickles to the white areas of her dress for bling.  Isn’t she fabulous?

I’m entering this beauty of a stamp into these challenges today as well:

Crafting for All Seasons (anything goes)


P1110253_edited-1

I was inspired by old-fashioned silhouettes and cameos when it came time to do my card layout.  I kept the colors to black and white---always elegant and chic!  Simple layering of Gina K Luxury cs (black onyx and white) and then I dry embossed the white with a 5x7 Cuttlebug folder.  The patterned paper was scrap that I cut out with my Spellbinders Labels 20.  The small black pearls around the image were made with a Viva Décor black Pearl Pen.  The double bow was done up with my fave Bow Easy and that finishes it off!

Now you need to head on over to Sharon Harnist’s beautiful blog to see what sneak peek she's sharing with you today!  And don’t forget to check back here  for the four day Inspiration Blog Hop series for May!  (my days are Tues, Wed & Thursday of next week)!



32 comments:

  1. very nice, Suzanne! Isn't she sassy?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever so stunning - love the elegance you were able to achieve. The way you framed the image is just pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this new set and you did a fabulous job show casing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooooo classy!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Suzanne. That is an awesome Caneo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!! I love the embossed background and great design & the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I'm trying so hard to resist the NEED for the new StampTV kit. But this is gorgeous, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card...looking forward to more.
    Debbie D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card very much !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Suzanne!!!! I just love black and white and it's perfect for this image...so elegant!!!! Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Sharon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I have ever seen you NOT color! So, in this case great CAS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant in all black and white, super classy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited. This card is absolutely the "cat's meow" or in this case the little puppy's bark.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a classic black and white card, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL Suzanne about your tactic in getting things done! :D I'm going to have to give it a try; I need some mulching done too AND some serious weeding!! LOL! :) Lovely card - so sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Stamp TV kit will be a hard one to resist....I am loving what I have seen so far. Love your cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh my! How Classy, Snazzy, Beautiful this is!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, totally lovin' this in black and white! Gorgeous! I'm dyin' to see this set!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzanne, what great cards!! I love that design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzanne, fantastic job. I can't wait to see this set.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very fancy!! I love black and white cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am laughing at your method to get your husband going, so funny!
    With mine is the oposite, I tried to slow him down. He is always trying to fix things, but I dont like it because some delicate things he end up breaking it LOL...
    Cant wait to hear what will come in August.
    Have a lovely party and please post photos of your finished garden.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  23. She really is fabulous and I love the cameo inspired layout!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous dah-ling! TFS!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card ... love the silhouette ..

    ReplyDelete
  26. You do amazing work, Suzanne, no surprise that this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your black & white.....just bought the stamp set....hurry Mr. Postman!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the story to get hubby moving. That one is a LOL!! Mine is bad but not quite like that. I move at 250 mph and I think he is at about 100! Still balance and have to poke once in awhile but he is really quite good. Love that story and I may just use that one if needed. Great creation by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Suzanne, just simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover