Monday, May 23, 2011

Surprise for You!!

Hello friends and a happy Monday to you all!  Did you have a good weekend?  The weather here in VA was fantastic—thankfully the rain moved out and it was sunny and not humid.  We spent the weekend finishing planting and mulching the backyard, we still have 2 more beds to finish as there is a ton of rocks in our soil.  Baby steps right?  The trees we ordered should be planted soon and I cannot wait—some firs, Crepe Myrtles, a Dogwood and a River Birch. We also got some new patio furniture which is super comfy and I just love it.  So now we have two living room areas outside, a dining area and a smaller conversation area.  As soon as its finished I will post some pics for ya!  Its like another extension of the house and I will be out there as much as I can (in fact as I type this I am outside sitting, listening to some Billy Joel and watching James put in a drain pipe, lol).This weekend coming is Memorial Day here in the US and we have a party to go to and then our Barbecue is on Sunday.  Praying for good weather as Memorial Day is NOTORIOUS for being rained out, LOL.  And I’ll be thinking about all the soldiers that gave their lives for  us here and around the world and are still doing it today to keep us safe.  A lot of my flights are with soldiers heading back home before they leave for their first tour in Afghanistan or Iraq—they all look like babies and so innocent.  I always say a silent prayer that they stay safe & return in one piece for their families---scary for them I’m sure but they pretend to be tough I know.  So if you are celebrating this weekend or at the beach don’t forget to stop and give a small prayer of thanks and remembrance ok!  Its so easy for us to get caught up in our lives and forget that we have soldiers dying everyday so we can have parties, work and be free here in the US.  Whether we agree with the wars or not we need to always support and remember those that are serving for us!

NewsBitz:

-CMC On the Road Copic Classes—the www.cmcroad.com site has been updated with NEW locations!  North Carolina, South Carolina, Las Vegas, Canada, Ohio and NEW Chicago!  So if you’d like to learn how to color with Copics and have FUN you should sign up—I’d love to meet you in person!

-Did you check out those beautiful new stamps by Carmen Medlin for SCACD yet? They are beauties and so much fun to color and embellish---see them all HERE!

*********************************************************************

Surprise!!!
P1110223_edited-1

Today I’m sharing a fun birthday card with you!  Birthdays are fun aren’t they?  Well I guess if you WANT to turn another year older they are, LOL!  I like cheery colors on birthday cards and this paper by Memory Box called “Brioche” fit the bill---bright and delicate patterns, love the color combo!  And I used this cute new Magnolia called “Congratulations Tilda” from Magnolia-licious—love her!  She could be used for lots of things like graduation, bat mitzvahs and more and she comes in the mini size HERE too!  The mini sized one (sadly I do not have her) would be fabulous stamped on the envelope in red ink and for a gift tag as well!

I'm entering this card into these challenges (check out Feline Playful for a great challenge list): 



P1110220_edited-1

I used the current sketch from Just Magnolia/Hanglar Challenge for my layout.  I used my oval nesties for my image’s mat shapes cutting around her feet and hat so they stick out a bit.  The swirls are from Marianne Designs and I liked that they kind of emulate the confetti swirls in the image.  The round sentiment is from PTI and I put a fun button tied with Scrappers Floss in the center.  A ribbon and some smaller buttons finish it off nicely.

P1110214_edited-1

This lil’ cutie got colored with Copics—R27,R24,R22,R20/Y15,Y11,Y00/B02,B00,B000/C9,C7,C5,C3,C1,C00/E11,E00.  Then I accented her hat, present and confetti with Stickles in stardust and her shoes got a coat of Diamond Glaze.

P1110221_edited-1

Ok, hope you enjoyed my birthday girl today and that the cheery colors gave you a smile on this Monday!  See you back here tomorrow Smile  have a good one!


27 comments:

  1. So cute Suzanne, very bright and happy! Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those yummy bright colours have brightened a very dull day here in NW UK. Thanks for sharing your immense skill.
    Hugs Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh yes she sure bring smile on my face.
    Thanks for showing her to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the nice bright cheerful colors on your card Suzanne. I love how you have the button in the middle of your sentiment circle. Cute DP's and super coloring.
    hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors. Glad you had a good relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious bright colours, love the swirls!!
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh La La, me likey! I love the colors you used. Your Tilda is lovely! It is such a cheery card. I so love your hard work!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's my favorite collection...so far too Suzanne! This is so bright and happy! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy, happy happy card! Beautiful in every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Absolutely beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous just gorgeous as always
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzanne your card is wonderful.
    I too like the bright cheery papers and especially the small designs on them. Tilda is awesome!!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun and cheerful coloring. The layout design is so very sweet :-)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love how bright and cheerful this is...fabulous!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love the bright and cheerful colors! Makes me happy just lookin' at them!
    I'm signing up for your class in Ohio ~ hope I don't get shut out of it! It will be a long drive for me to get there, as I live on the other side of the state, but I can't wait!!! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute, bright and cheery, what a great card! Like your idea about the Mini Tilda!
    Hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome Creation Suzanne! Congrats on the new part of your deck! I am envious! LOL! I would love to have an area outside to enjoy like that! (Do you color outside too?) Have a wonderful week! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the colors! The whole setting for Maggie is just purrfect!
    Super cool work as always!
    anaRy

    ReplyDelete
  19. One HAPPY birthday card, it's wonderfull, bye Mascha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is so very precious! I love your layout and your coloring is always awesome girl!! ;) Really gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card Suzanne, I love the fantastic bright colours you used...thanks for joining in with our Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful as usual. I hope someday you come to Massachusettes to do a class. I would not only LOVE to take it, but I want to meet you also. I admire all that you do & your Blog is one of the BEST. Thank you for sharing. ;0)

    Traci Lord
    3team3lord3@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ummmm.....didn't I just see you in Grand Rapids a few weeks ago and now you are playing challenges for both my DT's. Wow we are honored to have you and your card grace our sites. I didn't know you did challenges. How fun. Beautiful card too. Thanks for playing at IDIC and Shannon's Sentiments this week. (I'm just grinning from ear to ear that you played with us:) hugs from Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute card. Very bright and cheery. Thanks for sharing your art in the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous card
    Thanks for joining our challenge at IDIC challenge blog this week

    ReplyDelete
  26. So bright and cheerful.
    Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids.
    Hugs. Jacqueline
    Ps. I have a blog candy giveaway on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. In like 5 minutes come over to Shannon's Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover