Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fields of Lavender!!

Happy Thursday my friends!  Yay the weekend is almost here again…whew I swear the weeks just fly by lately…well ok always for me it seems LOL!  I am not feeling so hot and think I have some kinda flu bug but I’m a bit sore and dizzy so if NONE of this post makes sense please forgive me…yes some of my other posts don’t make sense but I have NO excuse for those!

Tuesday night the family went to see a hockey game in DC (our beloved Capitals) and our seats were front row on the ice…always so exciting to be up that close..I thought Alexa might hyperventilate she was so excited and apparently addicted to slamming on the glass wall at the players.  I’m SURE they thought the two of us were NUTS…what else is new eh?  Hubby was probably thinking the same thing…which may be why he doesn’t bring me that often hahahaha (See some pics below)  The one official liked me…he kept winking & grinning at me…not sure what to think about that…but he made some crappy calls so I started giving him my evil eye…maybe he thought I was flirting…ummm not!!!  And darn it all, my Caps lost in overtime…what a bummer!  So we headed to Hamiltons in DC to drown our sorrows ourselves with dessert errr….food cuz…my dessert was oyster soup & sushi..yeah I know we are odd.  Hubby had sliders and Riley had tempura..only Alexa had dessert.  And this was AFTER we’d already had dinner earlier hee hee.  So it was a fun night but so hoping the Caps win some more and get into the playoffs again this week…we shall see!









Our star "Ovechkin"






Riley & James










NewsBitz:

-If you are near Charleston, WV and want to come take a Copics class with me…I’ll be there next weekend on March 17th!  See www.cmcroad.com for details!  If not I will next be in San Jose, CA and then Montreal Canada and then Baltimore, MD—would love to see you!

-The CMC Classroom’s 2nd Birthday Bash begins on March 19th!  You will not want to miss all the fun festivities (games, challenges, chats & fab prizes)—its always a blast!

***************************************************

Fields of Lavender!!
The Gina K. Design Team is excited to invite you to another fabulous Release Party tonight!!! The party starts at 7:00 pm Central Time in the Stamp TV Release Party Forum. Join us for Challenges, Contest Questions, Design Team Samples, Full Stamp Set Reveals and, of course, party chit chat!!! Everything will go "live" at 7:00 pm Central in Gina's Store so there won't be any long wait to start shopping! Hope to see you there!

If you came from Michelle Woener's blog, then you're right where you should be. If not, please go to Stamp TV where you will find a list of all those participating. Here's a sneak peek of one of the cards I will be sharing with you at the party tonight!


Today the Gina K Designs DT is sharing sneakie peekies with you all of the new releases and YEAH of course they are awesome!!  I’m sharing a card made with the new StampTV set called “Petals & Wings” which is stock full of awesome stamps to use!  I also used one of the fab new paper packs called “Parisian Garden“---I love the soft lavender tones, so pretty!

I'm entering this into the following challenges as well:



 
The tag stamp in this set fits perfectly into Spellbinders Labels 16.  To create the popped up purple frame around it, I just used 2 sizes of the dies to cut out the frame and then ran it through a CB embossing folder for texture.  The green matting is from a Marianne Designs die (as is the leaf die), I cut it in half to spread it out on the sides and ran it thru another embossing folder & inked it a bit.  A few flowers and then Stickles on the image to make it sparkle just a bit.  The flower was colored with Copics to match the pretty papers.

Your next stop on today’s hop is Tami Mayberry’s fabulous blog!!!
Have an awesome day!!  Hope to see you tonight at the party! 



24 comments:

  1. FAB U LOUSSSS!! Great flowers and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Suzanne! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning card - love all the colors and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne! Well, dear, you are the first for me on this Gina K hop and I love your card. Okay, I love all your cards. I really love this color combination with lavender and green. Gorgeous embellishments too. What are the flowers you used? So pretty!

    Sorry your Capitals lost. It's been a long time since I've been to a hockey game. There's something about that game that brings out the wild in people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, as usual Suzanne. Still Striving to to color just like you when I grow up! LOL
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo beautiful! I love the purple and lime green together. Yay Spring!!
    Maybe your team will will next time. Keep giving the "evil eye". Lol
    ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and what a wonderful design you created with so much dimension. You are a very talented paper artist. Thanks for the peek. Looking forward to seeing much more later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Suzanne,
    Marvelous as always! Thanks for sharing the details (I went to check out Marianne's dies - awe-mazing!) Can't wait to see more tonight :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colors and fabulous framing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! Purple is my fav! Lovely card! Can't wait to see more!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card, love the colors and the flowers, thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! I love all the little details on it, and green with lavender is a stunning combo. I'm glad you enjoyed the hockey game, but also glad the Caps lost. LOL I'm a Flyers/Stars fan, so I'm not capable of liking the Caps. I know you understand. See you tonight!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the lavender and green...so spring! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card, love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS!!!! Beautiful colors and layout, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful card with lovely colors. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the color and the flower is supter cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful and elegant Suzanne, love it so much!

    Thanks for playing with us at Deep Ocean this fortnight.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your colors, papers and flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i saw my first hockey game last year and loved it!
    Such a pretty card Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover