Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fairy Time

Happy Weekend Everyone!  YUP I'M BACK FROM CHA & CALIFORNIA & SICKIES BE GONE LOL!  I'm actually typing this up at 1:30 am after having date night out with hubby...which rarely happens around these parts since the teens can't seem to separate themselves from us LOL!  We went to dinner and saw the movie "This Is 40" which I highly recommend especially if you are married & have kids...too funny & pretty darn true to life in a lot of ways.  I laughed so hard at the "mirror/butt" bit that I thought I might pass out...ahahaha...still chucklin'! :)  This is a BIG FOOTBALL weekend in the Dean house...whoot playoff weekend baby so my bum will be firmly attached to my chair watching the Ravens WIN..yup we goin' all the way baby.  Seeing my #1 team is Redskins but Ravens are #2 for us...so we will be rooting for them big time.  And YES I was one of the few gals in ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney watching the playoffs last weekend...I ran off the floor to catch the last half of the Ravens game...I was the one standing on the barstool cheering them on..yup that was me.  And if you were at Tortilla Joes that night YES that was me doing the Viennese Waltz with some Austrians I was meeting with...yup that's kinda how CHA goes for me.  Work, work, meeting, meeting, work, change clothes, dinner #1, dinner #2 and then meeting for drinks...my drink of choice is Coke..so nothing exciting there.  I prefer to feel somewhat normal bwahahaha but you can usually find me leading the pack of people doing something totally ridiculous like helping the balloon artist out at the restaurant and dancing...life's wayyyyyy tooo short to NOT have fun and enjoy each moment while you can!  That's how I choose to live anywho...and I found myself saying this week "Suzanne, don't apologize for being a glass-half-full kinda gal...its ok" and you know what...I'm A-OK with it...I wouldn't want to be any other way!  So I will have some more pics and stories for you next week starting on Monday with a Magnolia Love Project...so come check back in with me if you aren't in my town of DC for the Inauguration ok!!  Have a great weekend everyone!



NewsBitz:

-Check out the newest CMC Challenge HERE...its all about using your fave images and color combos...everyone is welcome to enter!  Up for grabs is a free CMC Class so go enter!!

-New products at SCACD...new papers here and new Memory Box dies here!  Lots new CHA goodies coming too!

***********************************

Fairy Good Stuff


This is my first project I've done since Christmas...yowza...felt good to be back at it though.  Slowly my energy is returning, my hands have stopped shaking and I'm feeling my creative mojo come back to me.  So I used this beautiful fairy from SCACD called "Hannah" from the Mythical Reflections Collection...I think she's a doll!

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Card Crafter's Circle (layers)
Daring Cardmakers (embossing)
Simply Create Too (anything goes)
Stampin' For the Weekend (girly)
Copic Marker Europe (anything)


The pretty papers are by Prima "Rondelle"..I liked the springy colors since its been so gray and gloomy and cold here..ugh.  So I needed a bit of Spring in my life you could say :)  The peach mat is a SBs die and then I embossed it with a CB folder, the black die is a Memory Box die (see all the NEW MEMORY BOX DIES HERE).  The image was colored with Copics and I added Stickles to her skirt and wand.  I forgot to get a good picture but her wings were double-stamped and the 2nd set was cut out & popped up for more dimension...black Stickles on her wings.



10 comments:

  1. Yay, she's back. Been missing your posts. Sounds like you had a blast at CHA, lucky you. Love this fairy, she's so darn sweet. Awesome card all around. I've had to neglect my crafts and blog lately due to an unwell elderly father. He's now on oxygen 24/7 which is really sad to see. Since you remember most of what you read you probably remember my parents are 82 and live next door to me. So glad I live so close. I go into the hospital on Monday to have the battery changed on my ICD, actually they change the whole device using the same leads that already go to my heart. The original device was implanted 6 years ago when they said I would need a heart transplant. Who knows, maybe I'll prove them wrong after all. Hopefully I will be able to get back to my blog soon, my last post was before Christmas. Please don't give up on me, I will be back. OMG, did I ramble or what? It's after 2:00 am, better get to sleep, ttfn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to your Ravens. Since my beloved Packers lost, I no longer have a favorite team in the playoffs. Would love to see the Ravens win his round. I hope they go all the way too!

    Love your card Suzanne. The color scheme is fresh and new. The diecut looks like it was made just for that image. Perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your post this morning. Was getting a little worried that you may be sick again. Looking forward to the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous creation Suzanne, I love that paper and of course the pretty die cuts, I do so love die cuts, just beautiful my friend,
    Glad the Ravens won can see you cheering from her
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that's gorgeous! I would LOVE to spend a weekend wit you learning how you do such beautiful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous suzanne! i love your colouring on her and those dies are just too pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Suzanne. Love your color combo. Your image is darling and beautifully colored as always.
    Glad you are back safe from CHA. I've seen all kinds of goodies on YouTube and can't wait til they hit the stores.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, that die is really lovely, and your colouring is amazing. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful creation.... the flourishes are just perfect with your image, and your chosen colours are fabulous together! Thanks for sharing at the Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne,

    Just love, love the colours you used on this fairy. You do such fantastic work. I was wondering if you could tell me which memory box die you used on this card?

    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover