Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby Boys!!

Hello friends & a Happy Tuesday to you all!  I have to say the past few sunny days here in Virginia has got me all excited for Spring to arrive.  I cannot wait to turn the clocks forward and have longer days of light...makes me happy and feel more productive LOL!  Its my favorite time of the year and I"m so sick of seeing gray, brown trees and grass...ready for the colors of spring to start showing themselves.  New leaves on the trees...cherry tree blossoms...crocus, tulips and daffodils popping up and blooming...and the birds singing!  How can you not love Spring??

Ok I will keep my blibber-blabber to a minimum today.  If you want to read some of my rambling chatter hop down to this POST HERE LOL...I warn ya, it was done on 2 Cokes and insomnia :) But I have a love of writing and try to write from the heart as much as I can.  Which leads me to a surprise coming!  I have HUGE announcement that I'm excited to share with you all tomorrow...well BIG for me...so make sure to check in!

*****************************

All About Boys!!


Today is another great challenge brought to you by Magnolia-licious!  We our challenging everyone to create Boy/Guy Projects...yup...its ALL ABOUT BOYS!  I know some of you struggle with boy projects or you just avoid them all together if you can LOL...well the DT girls hope to inspire you to give it a GO.  Have fun with it and challenge yourself to something different...I promise it will be fun!  I love to do boy projects...they push me to do different things and use different elements..and hey I have some boys in the house so its something I gotta do LOL!  I decided to create a baby boy card this time around...I don't create many baby cards so this was a perfect opportunity!

You can find all the details on the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and hope you stop by to see the other DT projects for inspiration AND join in the fun with us!!  You can win a wonderful surprise from Magnolia-lious!




I used this cute Magnolia "Airplane" that I've had for a long time...its fun to use non-people images sometimes ya know.  The "Edwin with Airplane" stamp is a cute one to pair up with this airplane as well...its one of my faves as it reminds me of my son when he was small.  I used older papers from K&Co "Itsy Bitsy Boy" paper pad...I love the patterns and soft colors in this pack.  The "It's a Boy" lettering was done on my Silhouette Cameo...I cut one out of yellow cs and then made it a tiny bit bigger and cut it out of white cs and layered them.  They got a good coating of Stickles as well for sparkle.  The clouds are PTI dies and I layered the cardstock again for more dimension, adding a line of Stickles around each cloud.  The buttons are a fun accent...you can't really use too many flowers and girly things on card so you gotta think outside the box a bit.



The image got colored with Copics:  BV25,BV23,BV20 / YR23,Y15,Y11,Y00 / B01,B000.  I added a thick coat of Diamond Glaze to the plane for some nice shine.

That's all for me today....I'll see you back here tomorrow! Have a great one!


11 comments:

  1. What a darling baby card. I love how it all came together, the colors, embellishments, the coloring itself! it's just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE CUTE my dear friend!!!
    Hugs...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely ADORABLE card....promise to case this one for sure!
    Patricia
    the PaperTemptress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Suzanne. Love the bright yellow and blue colors. Gorgeous coloring and fabulous clouds. Perfect papers to go with your theme.
    I am sick of cold weather and snow too. Just had a blizzard last weekend here and now another 6 inches today on top of the 14+ on the ground. I'm so ready for Spring.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne,
    I love your baby card. The airplane is so sweet.
    I have always liked yellow and soft blue for baby boys.
    Hugs Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this card is super adorable. I love the cute use of the stamp and the cute clouds. Beautifully done boy theme card!!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that stamp! I have used mine so many times because it is just so cute! Great card, Suz! Love the size of the alphas. Great color scheme as well. Perfectly done!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzanne, Wow! this is the cutest baby card I've seen in a long time, what an ingenious idea to use that sweet plane. Your papers and design are gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover