Friday, February 22, 2013

Rrrroarrrrr it's Friday!

Hello everyone & Happy TGIFriday!  Yay its the weekend again LOL..how can you not love the weekends right?  I have a friend coming for a private Copic class tomorrow, and I haven't seen her in AGES so it will be fun!  Then our friend Marti is going to come over for a bit to hang & chat.  James is taking Riley & a friend to DC for a Capitals hockey game that starts at noon tomorrow.  And Alexa has so many plans for tonight & tomorrow that I'm slightly confused as to what & where she will be doing LOL.  One of her BFFs is moving to Atlanta on Sunday so they are all trying to cram in as many activities before then as they can.  They've all been buddies since the 5th grade so its kinda hard on them all, especially since its right before their senior year...no fun!  And that's pretty much the gist of our plans for the weekend...nuttin' too exciting!

I also want to note that my friend Jami Bova is doing a MS Bike Ride (150 miles in 2 days, wow) with her husband to help raise money for the MS Society.  Most of you know this is a cause that affects me directly & is near and dear to my own heart...so I won't blab on about my own story.  BUT I would love if each one of you could CLICK HERE to visit Jami's blog and read her story and make a donation of ANY size to the MS Society, every dollar counts for something, someone's health, someone's mobility due to research that it will help fund.   
**If you do you get entered to WIN A NEW KINDLE FIRE...whoot...I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Kindle Fire and highly recommend them to anyone I talk to LOL!   

AND if you donate come back and leave a comment on any of my blog posts and let me know you pledged for Jami or her husband's bike ride and you will also be entered to win a $25 GC to Amazon.com so you can fill up that new Fire with games, movies & books ok :) Because I appreciate anyone's effort for this cause...no its not always life threatening but it is life limiting, very painful and nothing I would wish on anyone to deal with in their lifetime!! Thanks in advance!!


*******************************************

Rrrroarrrrr, its a Wild Birthday!


Let's get a little wild up in here today...it is Friday ya know ;)!!!  I have a son...no surprise there right LOL..but I rarely make guy cards.  I actually like making guy cards...its fun to pull out different elements and challenge myself to something that isn't all girly & frilly!  So this was a fun one for me to do!  I used a NEW SCACD from the Oddly Sweet Curiosities Set #4 "Me & My Lil' Buddy"...see his lil' buddy riding on his tail LOL!  Well if a T-Rex can be cute, then I think this guy is a cute....especially his fat belly heehee!  If you have any lil OR big guys in your life this set is awesome to have cuz' who doesn't love a dinosaur (lil' note of curiosity: I was OBSESSED with dinos when I was in elementary & middle school, loved, loved them...then I got to love them again when Riley was young too).

**NEW GOODIES AT SCACD:  New 6x6 paper padsArt Anthology Mists & Velvets, and awesome Make It Crafty laser-chipboard elements.
 

So I used papers by Heidi Swapp "Vintage Chic" (they are 8x8 papers)...I liked the mix of patterns, worked well for a masculine theme.  I distressed all my edges and inked them and just ripped a few corners.  The ticket underneath is a Tim Holtz ticket, wrapped the center panel with twine and added a few buttons for fun.  The sentiment is from Gina K Designs set...the SCACD dino comes with its own sentiment but I wanted a birthday sentiment so that's why I switched it up!


T-Rex got colored with Copics:  E47,E44,E43,E42,E40 / YR24,Y15,E50.  Then I added Diamond Glaze to his lil friend, his claws and teeth for shine.

That's all for me today...see you back here on Sunday!!


15 comments:

  1. Love love love this card...that T Rex is just perfect for a boy card (and you know I have 3 grandsons so I am getting that stamp for sure)! We do the MS walk here in San Jose every year and have for as long as I can remember.....Everyone is already signed up for this year and my youngest has already gotten over $200 in donations. I can remember collecting for the disease when I was a child too so the day will come when there is a cure!
    Patricia
    the PaperTemptress

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card, Suzanne! Now that I have a little boy, I really must learn to make cards that aren't pink and frilly :) This image is so super cute, love it! I'm so excited about seeing you tomorrow! I can't wait to learn from my coloring idol :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that set of stamps! Wish they came in digi form... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this one Suzanne!!!! This little TRex is the one I'd like to meet, lol.
    Fantastic papers too!
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne,
    Love your card..
    Donated to Jami. Hoping we all can make a difference.

    luv and hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne,
    Loved your card..cute.
    I just donated to Jami. Hoping this will be a huge success for help to many.

    hugs and luv
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just donated to your friends bike ride--to both her and her hubby. Any autoimmune disease is horrible, and MS is no exception. Have you ever tried LDN? (Low Dose Naltroxene) I've read a lot of great things about it in regards to MS. Run a search on it and you'll find lots to read on it...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your support Suzanne, and for offering up the extra prize!!

    I ADORE this TRex card - so stinkin' cute!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is scary GOOD!! Just love it Suzanne. I left some love and $ at your friend's site.
    love ya,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card, Suzanne. I left a donation on Jami's site. You are so wonderful to promote a great cause. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. The world's most effective managing sneakers maker supply the highest comfort and ease to the runners. The idea had develop into an exceptionally recognized manner star by alone. The air maximum 1 begun the true reign affiliated with New air Max. This technology was also made a lot extra noticeable within the design. http://www.airmax90s2013.co.uk
    My webpage > cheap nike air max 90

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is such fun Suzanne! great colouring and your distressed edges look like they might have been chomped on by the big guy! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Running is the detail that you want to do in a prolonged time.
    For instance, Nike Dunk SB can assist one particular to dunk by furnishing
    plenty of cushion. Nevertheless, they showcased improved consolation and design and style.

    Air Finest extent grew to become effectively-recognised for
    the much better further padding and brighter substance.
    http://www.airmaxcheapest.co.uk/
    Also see my site :: Nike Air Max ltd

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card Suzanne! And I hope your catchups with friends were good! I'm a bit behind in my blog reading!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover