Friday, February 8, 2013

Smile Like Crazy!!

Happy Friday everyone!  Hope you have a fab weekend planned...wow I can't believe how fast the week went by!  We have a quiet weekend, its supposed to be icy today (ick) and the kids are hoping to be off school (mom not so much lol).  Tuesday is Riley's 15th birthday...did I say 15...oh boy my kids are growing fast and I feel like I'm always playing catch up.  He wants to go to a hockey game in DC next weekend with his friends to celebrate...I'm not too into hockey this year with the half season..and the Caps, well they aren't doing so hot LOL. But if that's what he wants to do, then that is what we shall do.  Next month we are taking Alexa on her college tour of her top 3 choices and then a few days in Hilton Head for Spring Break as a family...I'm pretty sure I'm NOT ready for that either.  The fact that next year she will be graduating and heading to college makes me feel ill to my stomach, gives me a migraine, feel faint...well you know all those BAD things a mom feels when she realizes her kids are almost grown ugh.  But I will work thru it, I have no choice right? LOL And its not like I'm the first parent to be going thru this...just gonna take some time on my part to come to terms.  We have kids to raise them to be the best they can be and then fly free...but darn it, its hard to let them fly FREE!

So anywho, we are headed to see the new Melissa McCarthy & Jason Bateman movie "Identity Theft" on Saturday...love her, and sooo looking forward to some laughs.  And that's pretty much my only plan other than finishing up some work...sounds AWESOME to me :)  Now if Spring would get a move on here, things would be almost perfect!

*********************************

Smile Like You're Crazy

Today SCACD releases the sequel to the oh so popular Oddly Sweet Curiosities!!!
This is a fun and fresh stamp Collection from Susana Loves Stamps!!! We proudly introduce the Oddly Sweet Curiosities Sets 3 and 4 which house some of the cutest little Curiosities with matching sentiments. SCACD has continued with the appeal these little Curios have that are a combination of inspiration as well as happiness thru laughter as the best medicine!!! Each Curiosity comes with its own matching sentiment. So pick up one or the whole set so you can mix and match the sentiments. These are Fab and definitely year around fun!!!

And the SCACD DT is having a Blog Hop to Inspire You!! 
I have two projects to share with you today! 


So my first cutie pie Curiosity is called "Clueless" from Curiosities Set #3...isn't he cute!?!  And his little sentiment that comes with him says "I Smile Because I Have No Idea What Is Going On" bwahahahaha..I resemble that sentiment MOST days LOL!  I used fun bright colors and new papers from Simple Stories "Snap Life" and "Snap Color Vibe" (both 10% off)...Snap Life has great lil cards, borders and other paper accents in the pad, that is what is behind the main image.  I used a SBs emboss folder on the aqua cardstock, and CB swiss dots folder on yellow cs.  Just a fun layout and some buttons to finish it off.  He's great for any ole occasion :)

I'm entering this cutie into the following challenges:




He got colored with Copics YR18,YR15,YR12,YR00 / B06,B05,B02,B00 / YR23,Y15,Y11,Y00. Then I coated his horns, spikes, eyes, tooth & nails with Judikins Diamond Glaze (my personal fave glaze as it stays put where you put it, doesn't slide around) and Stickles on his wings.  He's just a bundle of fun!



For my 2nd card I used this fab gal from the Curiosities Set #4 called "Lovester"...she's great for mom's, friends, grandmas, aunts, sisters, etc :)  She comes with a sentiment that says "Young At Heart"...I used a different sentiment on my project though.  I paperpieced her apron and all papers are from the new BoBunny paper pad "Isabella" (10% off now)  I also used an SCACD die in a couple of fun ways...I LOVE to use my dies in many different ways...so I picked the corner die "Garden Corners" (2 diff dies come in a pack).  First I cut the heart element out of the day and added it over my sentiment with dimensionals.  The main doily die behind my image is from Marianne Designs, but I wanted it to be BIGGER LOL...so I took a corner die cut and added it to each side to make it more diamond shaped.  Also the cardstock I used for my diecuts is silver shimmer, so it has great weight and lots of pretty sparkle.

I'm entering this one into the following challenges:








The image was colored with Copics C7,C5,C3,C1 / RV13,RV11,RV00.  Her fun slippers have Sparkly Fluff on them (fuzzy AND sparkly-I used Cotton Candy Pink), Diamond Glaze on her bone-barrette and glasses, Stickles on her tail and apron trim.  The last pic is of the SCACD corner die "Garden Corners"...you can see the heart in the middle and that's what I cut out to put around the sentiment.  Just some fun & different ways to use your dies!

For International Customers you can find these at Quixotic Paperie HERE!

That's it for me...and I'm the end of the Blog Hop so if you want to start at the beginning head over to the Store Blog Here!!
And of course stop by SCACD to check out these new cuties!!  Have a great weekend!!





28 comments:

  1. Two adorable little monsters! Love the bright one with the citrus colours but your pink one is an absolute hoot. Fab paper and design choices and wonderful colouring in each! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. These just scream curious fun! I love the bright colors and layout of the first card as well as those sparkly wings. Great use of the dies on the second card. That little lady just cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable and pretty....awesome job...love the pink and gray...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Love the brightness of the first one, and adore his sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are now entering the world of "clueless". One leaving and one staying and your saying where did the time go...been there. But it does become quite enjoyable after a bit. Loved the cards. Clueless just brings a smile to my face everytime I see it. Thanks for sharing. Be safe in your upcoming weather conditions. Hope VA doesn't get too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are so very fabulous.

    Wonderful coloring, great design, and ingenious use of the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bright colours and that cute grey doily, They are so darn cute!!
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww these are gorgeous Suzanne! what fab images and you've coloured them beautifully! I love the colour combos on both! the first one is lovely and bright and cheery… and the second one is really pretty with the pink and grey… love the die cut too!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What adorable little monsters!! Makes you fall in love with the little rascals....!

    Happy Birthday to Riley, and as far as your feelings about Alexa, been there. I cried when my first one left, but you're right, that's our job to raise them to be strong and independent to do just that! I'm now so grateful when I see how strong my kids are and how well they do on their own with their spouses! That's the real payoff!! And, they will remain close to you for letting go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous creations, Suzanne - always inspired by your coloring and details. Perfect papers for both.
    My oldest just turned 13 recently and is going into high school in the fall; so I can kinda relate...I can't image having her graduating and going off to college. EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh you had me in tears laughing. The first little guy looks just like my grandson! The second one is just like me when I am knitting scarves for the homeless.
    Thank you for bringing a smile to my face and day.
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, you have me in stitches. The first little guy looks like my grandson and the second is me as I knit scarves for the homeless. I knit so I don't eat...lol.
    Fabulous cards, love the bright colors!
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilton Head! OMG, one of my favorite places for vaca time. I am so jealous, Suzanne. Hope you have a great time.
    Love your crazy character cards. So fun loving and darling images. You've really brought them to life, Hun.
    Have a great weekend...
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is a cutie! What a wonderful card - so glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are fabulous! Love those fun images & your wonderful coloring & design. :^)
    I was lucky with my child--I didn't have to go through the empty nest syndrome. She was at home through college and beyond--she was 26 when she finally got married and moved out. We were ready by then, believe me! LOL! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh Suzanne, my son Micheal will turn 18 on Tuesday! I'm in a total funk over it....He'll be graduating at the end of May! So scared, I look at him as he towers over me and keep thinking where did the time go? Happy birthday to Riley!

    Hugs,
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such cute cards. Love your layouts and coloring of course if fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGee I love this quirky and cute characters and you've coloured them so beautifully too! Beautiful layout and fab details.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Moments Challenge #10 Buttons & Bows/Anything Goes. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again Karen P CM DT
    http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are WONDERFUL...thanks for joining DTBST!

    Jovan
    (Sassy Studio Designs DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How stinkin cute are these two?! I love the colors and papers! They make me smile. The first one is so bright and fun and the second one is so soft and warm. You do the absolute best work and I love everything!

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute cards, Suzanne! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  22. cute monsters! thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute pick up of the colors! Thanks for joining in with FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute cards and images! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Suzanne, what cute cards! Thanks for joining us for Sassy Studio Designs DTBST this week and good luck!

    -Lori SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness that first card is adorable - *love* the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at For Your Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover